Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Yuneec pilot from the Netherlands

Reaction score
As a new member of this forum I want to introduce myself, my name is Martijn and I'm from the Netherlands.
I've been reading and watching videos about drones (quadcopters) about a year now and a few months ago I bought a JJRC JJ-1000 as my first quad to practise flying a quad. As I became better in flying the quad and not crashing it anymore I wanted to take the next step and upgrade to a bigger size quad.

In my journey to purchase a quad I've been reading this forum quite a bit about the Q500 series and I've found some nice info and tips & tricks. Last weekend I was searching for quads and I found out that the prices of the Q500 series were discounted quite a bit and therfor I decided to order the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K.

Yesterday I received the quad, it's the black edition with black motors, two black batteries and a carrying case with wheels and a pulling handle. I've been reading the manual and quick start guide and I'm looking forward for my first flight but at the moment it's quite windy in my area. To be safe I will wait for less wind because I want to get familiar with the quad first and not crash it on the first flight because of the windy conditions.

I want to use the quad for filming my car hobby (rallytours) and nice nature and buildings and stuff like that.
I will be showing my first videos as soon as possible and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Congratulations. I have found the first step is getting past the anxiety of not crashing it. Second step is to ween yourself off Smart mode. Third step is to just have fun flying it and learning what it is capable of doing and how long you have to do it (batteries).

Thanks, I'm not really scared on flying the Q500 because I know I can control a quad after flying my mini quad for a few months.
But for the first flight with the Q500 I want less wind than we have right now just to be safe and to get familiar with it.

I will only use the smart mode when I "need" the follow me functie to film my car and stuff like that.

Buying some extra batteries and another balance charger will be one of the first things for my Q500.

Today I made a succesful first flight despite the windy conditions but I couldn't wait any longer. ;)
The first few minutes I totally forgot to press the record button so I only have a short recording of the first flight.
Nevertheless I will make a video of my first flight and I will post it as soon as it's online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop