Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Northeast on the Indian River, Sussex County, Delaware USA

Reaction score
This is a project I've been filming since I got my Typhoon H in December 2016 and just finished the footage of last week. (NOTE: I lost my H on 3/9, with only one scene remaining to be filmed, the absolute end shot. So I filmed only that portion alone with my Mavic Pro. Happy ending, though. Yuneec is replacing my Typhoon!)

This is different in that it is either a travelog or a documentary about the Indian River in Sussex County, DE. Also, it needed narration, and the only person who showed up on casting call day was me. But reading from a paper is not my thing. I'm better off just talking as i go, which is what I did with this project, so forgive me when I flub my "lines"!

I'd welcome any feedback that is offered about this project and would appreciate the time spent watching it. I tinkered with it some in post production and did what i know at this point to be my best with the audio. Still learning both.

Thanks.

I really enjoyed that! So glad that you could share share your work. It was nice to see a part of the country that I will probably never ever visit. It was refreshing to see footage with an explanation to what I am watching as well as the history. Nice job CC

Reactions: CC Rider
This is a project I've been filming since I got my Typhoon H in December 2016 and just finished the footage of last week. (NOTE: I lost my H on 3/9, with only one scene remaining to be filmed, the absolute end shot. So I filmed only that portion alone with my Mavic Pro. Happy ending, though. Yuneec is replacing my Typhoon!)

This is different in that it is either a travelog or a documentary about the Indian River in Sussex County, DE. Also, it needed narration, and the only person who showed up on casting call day was me. But reading from a paper is not my thing. I'm better off just talking as i go, which is what I did with this project, so forgive me when I flub my "lines"!

I'd welcome any feedback that is offered about this project and would appreciate the time spent watching it. I tinkered with it some in post production and did what i know at this point to be my best with the audio. Still learning both.

Thanks.

Great Video, Good Quality ! What Program did you use to Edit & put together the Video ?

Having lived in Sussex County for 19 years my first thought is that I need to get out more! This was a nice tour of the Indian River and surrounding areas. Very nice job!

I really enjoyed that! So glad that you could share share your work. It was nice to see a part of the country that I will probably never ever visit. It was refreshing to see footage with an explanation to what I am watching as well as the history. Nice job CC

Hey there, Mike! Thank you for your comments and glad you like it. Yeah, I doubt if Life is going to ever land you in Sussex County, DE, but if it ever did just know you've got a friend here with an open door, a bed, and a cup of hot coffee waiting for you! Hope all is well with you, buddy.

Great Video, Good Quality ! What Program did you use to Edit & put together the Video ?

Thank you so much for watching this video and for your comments. I'm really glad you liked it.

I use Power Director 15's video editing software suite. It's affordable, does pretty much what I need it to at this point in time, and comes with post-production capabilities and even handles your audio needs.

I know there are better platforms out there to buy, but some of the learning curves can be quite steep with them and their costs are just too great in my eyes. Plus, Power Director grants you free access to a wide variety of editable templates for titles, credits, etc., as well as scene transitions, special effects and more, all available and always being added to on their website. It's a pretty good deal, all in all, and it's designed to handle 4K video, too. Again, thanks for giving my video a view!

Having lived in Sussex County for 19 years my first thought is that I need to get out more! This was a nice tour of the Indian River and surrounding areas. Very nice job!

A local Yuneec flyer? Where have YOU been hiding all of this time?! I thought I was only 1 of 2 people in Delaware who even knew what drones are!

Nice to meet you, BobDE. Very good to know I'm not out here all alone! Yes, the Indian River area is a little distance away from Laurel, but the land is night and day different. Our area is crisscrossed with waterways and marshlands, overall a bit wetter than Laurel is, and so it attracts a LOT of people come the summer season. Laurel has it's own history, too, just as a lot of areas in our little state do, but most folks walk around unaware of it. And the land in Sussex County offers a pretty good range of environments to enjoy, with the exception of any hills or mountains, as you well know. Flat as a pancake.

I'd be curious to pick your brain sometime about where you fly, what kind of machine you fly, and more.

I really appreciate you watching my little video here and for your comments, too. I was a bit nervous about doing the voice over job, but I struggled my way through it. Once again, I'm glad you liked it. If you ever want a personal tour of the Indian River just let me know. I know it like the back of my hand.

Take care and don't be a stranger. Talk with you later. Be safe flying!!

Reactions: ChadCloses
Actually I have not bought a drone yet. I follow the forums to read the comments. If there is a perfect drone I haven't found it. But as far as I can tell, the H would be the one to have. Maybe this spring!
I would like to see your drone sometime and see it fly. And also pick your brain about the different brands.
I was a wedding photographer for 25 years and I loved it. I now photograph mostly wildlife. But a drone would open up a whole new world for me!

Actually I have not bought a drone yet. I follow the forums to read the comments. If there is a perfect drone I haven't found it. But as far as I can tell, the H would be the one to have. Maybe this spring!
I would like to see your drone sometime and see it fly. And also pick your brain about the different brands.
I was a wedding photographer for 25 years and I loved it. I now photograph mostly wildlife. But a drone would open up a whole new world for me!

For a man in your previous profession for 25 years a drone would be the next logical step for you to take. The vantage points they offer you is simply incredible and unprecedented. And the Typhoon H Pro is a GREAT drone of choice. I simply love it. It flies like a dream, is incredibly capable and versatile, and the customer support at manufacturer Yuneec is unparalleled. The stock camera that comes with it will more than satisfy the photographer in you, and flying it is simply addictive.

Just drop me a line anytime you'd like to make some plans to get together to meet and so you can see the Typhoon in action and even take its controls for a spell. Seeing is believing, that's for sure, and you'll instantly see just how fantastic this flying machine is. If I can sell you on one, then I'm going to. I need someone to fly with!

Take it easy and don't forget my offer. We're only somewhere around 30 miles apart as the crow - or the Typhoon H Pro! - flies! Talk with you soon.

Thanks CC. I will take you up on that. I am retired and would probably prefer the weekdays if that works for you. I am pretty much free until the first week of May. We are going on vacation for a week. Let me know what you are thinking. Thanks again!

Thanks CC. I will take you up on that. I am retired and would probably prefer the weekdays if that works for you. I am pretty much free until the first week of May. We are going on vacation for a week. Let me know what you are thinking. Thanks again!

Great! The weather for a good flying day is soon going to be upon us. Although I do fly in the cold routinely, I'd say a warmish day with clear skies would be best for you to first see and experience the Typhoon H and take the controls of it, too. And our weather is beginning to break as I'm sure you know and are waiting for, too.

When I contact you next I'll have a few dates in mind and a good mutual location to meet to get some good flying in. Please feel free to bring along your wife, too, unless this is more of a singular interest of yours. Might help if you need to sell her on the idea that a $1,000 drone makes perfect sense!!

I'm self-employed and can easily make a weekday available for us to get together, which we can easily do long before you vacation in May. Who knows? By that time you may even have a Typhoon H of your own that you'll be taking along FOR your vacation!

Take care and I will be back in touch. I appreciate the opportunity to meet you and share this interest. Take care and I will be in touch very soon. Enjoy the good weather we are having today here in Lower Slower Delaware!

Sounds great! I agree that a good weather day would be best. My wife has no interest and would surely get bored. LOL I will wait to hear from you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop