Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Numerical display for the arms and props....

Reaction score
So after a few trials & errors (aka bumps & bruises), I decided about a month ago to tag each arm and prop, with a black sharpie, numerically 1-6, & even went as far as tagging each of my brand new backup props 1-6.. this way just in case of another "bump & bruise", i'll be able to identify any issue that went on with any of the arms or props.. & even more importantly not play any guessing games when it comes time to replace the props due to wear or unwanted circumstances..

So does anyone else do this, or is just me ??.. & I guess the reason I started doing this is because the last time I had a tip over a couple of props busted & I dinged a couple arms, & figured it'd be nice to able to matchup the arms and props, so why not numerically order them.. If anything for easy replacement.. Also does anyone else use a magnifying glass pre-flight and post flight and look at the arms, props and motors closeup ??.. it can be very revealing, but at the same time give you some comfort knowing your bird is being well taken care of, and if there's anything to find out you know your not missing it..

Just my .02 gentlemen.. Happy Thanksgiving!

NW.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
So after a few trials & errors (aka bumps & bruises), I decided about a month ago to tag each arm and prop, with a black sharpie, numerically 1-6, & even went as far as tagging each of my brand new backup props 1-6.. this way just in case of another "bump & bruise", i'll be able to identify any issue that went on with any of the arms or props.. & even more importantly not play any guessing games when it comes time to replace the props due to wear or unwanted circumstances..

So does anyone else do this, or is just me ??.. & I guess the reason I started doing this is because the last time I had a tip over a couple of props busted & I dinged a couple arms, & figured it'd be nice to able to matchup the arms and props, so why not numerically order them.. If anything for easy replacement.. Also does anyone else use a magnifying glass pre-flight and post flight and look at the arms, props and motors closeup ??.. it can be very revealing, but at the same time give you some comfort knowing your bird is being well taken care of, and if there's anything to find out you know your not missing it..

Just my .02 gentlemen.. Happy Thanksgiving!

NW.

I don't go to those extremes but I do listen for noises in the props.

Sometimes one day Jet Li hand spin a prop I can hear a little slight clicking noise in there.

Usually if I replace a noisy prop with a new one I can tell a difference when I spin it must be some type of slight wear or something I'm not sure.

But if I do get a tip over I will examine it very carefully for mud and debris or grass that maybe in the motor.

Keith:

Bra'.... ummmm, could you clarify that for me one time ??.. I mean no offense, I think I know what your tryin' to say, but b4 I respond I wanna' make sure.. Keep enjoying your Thanksgiving tho' Keith.. good man!

NW.

No problem just disregard what I said Happy Thanksgiving to you

If it works for you alls good, everyone has their own system/way of pre-flight checks, and balances so to speak ? As far as using a sharpie to mark the arms, you could be a little more professional, and have john @ yuneec skins make you stick on vinyl numbers/letters, which I believe he already has, as far as the props they are already marked white/black, so what would be the difference between one or the other motor ? Also do you balance your props ?

If it works for you alls good, everyone has their own system/way of pre-flight checks, and balances so to speak ? As far as using a sharpie to mark the arms, you could be a little more professional, and have john @ yuneec skins make you stick on vinyl numbers/letters, which I believe he already has, as far as the props they are already marked white/black, so what would be the difference between one or the other motor ? Also do you balance your props ?

Johnnyb:

Well to be honest, the sharpie is black & blending very well with the arms and props, subtle without being tacky.. & as far as tagging them per arm & per motor, well I guess that's just my own way of doing things.. like you said, "everyone has their own system".. but, I am curious about your last sentence, "Also do you balance your props ? " .. & my answer would be no, but then to counter that i'd add, how can I do this ??.. with plastic props, is this possible ??.. because I would absolutely love to be able to balance my props.. February will be 1 year since i've been flying the TH & i'm still learning the nuances of this fine machine, any help would be greatly appreciated.. much thanks!

NW.

Johnnyb:

Well to be honest, the sharpie is black & blending very well with the arms and props, subtle without being tacky.. & as far as tagging them per arm & per motor, well I guess that's just my own way of doing things.. like you said, "everyone has their own system".. but, I am curious about your last sentence, "Also do you balance your props ? " .. & my answer would be no, but then to counter that i'd add, how can I do this ??.. with plastic props, is this possible ??.. because I would absolutely love to be able to balance my props.. February will be 1 year since i've been flying the TH & i'm still learning the nuances of this fine machine, any help would be greatly appreciated.. much thanks!

NW.

Attachments

• th 2 balancer.jpg
    th 2 balancer.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1
I balance all of mine and use a DuBro Tru-Spin prop balancer. Really seems to help and is very easy to do. Lots of videos out there on how to do it as well.

Reactions: johnnyb57
Johnnyb:

NW.
I fly large model aircraft and helicopters on which it is essential to balance the propellers/rotor blades. I also use it for my drone blades. You can buy a prop balancer for this on line or at good model aircraft stores. Note that you need static and dynamic balancing to do the job properly - all is explained in the instructions provided with the balancer.

Reactions: johnnyb57

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval