Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Offline long missions questions

Reaction score
I acquired some H520 drones. I tried the mission functionality which works perfectly!

However I need to do very large missions. Because of this, the controller will probably loose connection with the drone.

Given this scenario, I'd like the drone to go forward, finish the mission and not to go back at the planned home position. Will the drone come home if the controller looses connection with the drone? If so, can I configure the json item or the drone not to go back and finish the mission in this scenario?

Another question I have about missions is what would happen in this scenario:

1. Drone go across waypoints 1, 2 and 3. point 3 and home position are very close to each other.

2. Drone function return to home is somehow activated while at the waypoint 3.

What would happen in this scenario? Would the drone go straight to the home (3 -> home)? Or would It make the path 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> home (that would be dangerous if the battery drains out)? If not, can I configure the mission to have a connection between 3 (or any waypoint) and homeposition?

And the last question is, should the drone always take off from the home position? Or will It go to the first waypoint regardless the position?

Thank you very much in advance and kind regards.

I'll try to address a couple of your questions although I have not done any mapping with the 520.
Once you start the mission, it will continue even if the control signal is lost. It will return home for a battery change on longer missions.
You can select the Home point as the launch position or the location of the ST16. If you select the Home as the ST16 and move to a new location during the mission, the Home point will be the last known location of the ST16 (if it were to loose the control signal).
The way points and home points are not related.

Perhaps a member with experience can address this. @arruntus do you have any suggestions?

Reactions: rubencastro99
First of all, I don't have the dron updated to the last version, for lack of 2. I have been watching and have disappeared the options several versions ago to configure correctly all the failsafes, only some.

I have looked and the default action before a signal loss with the station is an RTL. I don't remember that when programming a mission it would allow you to change it which is the other place where it would make sense.

The home is always reset when taking off, overwriting the possible home that may have been established in the mission. It is recommended to establish it in the mission in case something fails that has a nearby home in the flight area.

In the options you can set the behavior of the RTL, or to the position of the ST16S or to the home. This must be done before taking off.

I acquired some H520 drones. I tried the mission functionality which works perfectly!

However I need to do very large missions. Because of this, the controller will probably loose connection with the drone.

Given this scenario, I'd like the drone to go forward, finish the mission and not to go back at the planned home position. Will the drone come home if the controller looses connection with the drone? If so, can I configure the json item or the drone not to go back and finish the mission in this scenario?

Another question I have about missions is what would happen in this scenario:

1. Drone go across waypoints 1, 2 and 3. point 3 and home position are very close to each other.

2. Drone function return to home is somehow activated while at the waypoint 3.

What would happen in this scenario? Would the drone go straight to the home (3 -> home)? Or would It make the path 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> home (that would be dangerous if the battery drains out)? If not, can I configure the mission to have a connection between 3 (or any waypoint) and homeposition?

And the last question is, should the drone always take off from the home position? Or will It go to the first waypoint regardless the position?

Thank you very much in advance and kind regards.
Hi,
You have pointed out interesting issues. Unfortunatelly I cannot add anything more on top of the previous comments but would be happy if you could share your experience after this mission. We would all benefit from that.

Have good flying,
Pawel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval