Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop support cracked-Breeze won’t Fly

Well I'm really interested in trying out that glue. I love having lots of different options for glue and tape and it's really great finding ones that really live up to the hype. The latest I tried out was that glue that's activated with UV light. It has its place and I've used it for various repairs but I would definately not recommend it for the kind of break you had. It also helps to have a better/stronger UV light to really make sure it's super cured.
I know all about batteries and cold. I own a couple of hybrid vehicles and one is a prius plug-in. It's the first generation so it's only rated at up to 11 miles on battery alone but in the really cold you lose about 1/3rd of capacity. Every plug-in I've seen has this issue so it really helps if you live in a warm climate.
Of course drones have this same issue and as I've mentioned before you have to really watch it when you get closer to your 20% mark as some batteries will all of a sudden take a big drop and your drone drops out of the sky. I was kind of shocked also by how after I modified one of my breezes to run off an XT60 plug as most lipos come with how the batteries do this anyways regardless of ambient temperature. I used a couple different battery brands that are high quality with very high C ratings and if you drop below 20% the voltage suddenly takes a hit and it auto lands. Im talking about 50C and 90C ratings and i believe the breezes batteries are no more than 30C. Of course manufacturers cheat on the C ratings but like I said these were very highly rated brands whos mAh ratings were actually better than marked from my own testing. Very thankful for the auto land features.
I weigh under 120lbs and am 5'5" so my fingers have no meat on them and get cold really fast and I cant stand it so no flying for me in the winter unless it's at least 45F.

Last edited:
Well I'm really interested in trying out that glue. I love having lots of different options for glue and tape and it's really great finding ones that really live up to the hype. The latest I tried out was that glue that's activated with UV light. It has its place and I've used it for various repairs but I would definately not recommend it for the kind of break you had. It also helps to have a better/stronger UV light to really make sure it's super cured.
I know all about batteries and cold. I own a couple of hybrid vehicles and one is a prius plug-in. It's the first generation so it's only rated at up to 11 miles on battery alone but in the really cold you lose about 1/3rd of capacity. Every plug-in I've seen has this issue so it really helps if you live in a warm climate.
Of course drones have this same issue and as I've mentioned before you have to really watch it when you get closer to your 20% mark as some batteries will all of a sudden take a big drop and your drone drops out of the sky. I was kind of shocked also by how after I modified one of my breezes to run off an XT60 plug as most lipos come with how the batteries do this anyways regardless of ambient temperature. I used a couple different battery brands that are high quality with very high C ratings and if you drop below 20% the voltage suddenly takes a hit and it auto lands. Im talking about 50C and 90C ratings and i believe the breezes batteries are no more than 30C. Of course manufacturers cheat on the C ratings but like I said these were very highly rated brands whos mAh ratings were actually better than marked from my own testing. Very thankful for the auto land features.
I weigh under 120lbs and am 5'5" so my fingers have no meat on them and get cold really fast and I cant stand it so no flying for me in the winter unless it's at least 45F.

Ya, I am trying not to fly as much now in the winter because of the cold and cracking. Since this crack occurred I have been a little more careful, but after a new snow it is cool to try and get out and get some shots.

Do you only own a breeze or any others. I am thinking of a Q500 4K as my next one. Just trying to feel it out though.

I own a lot of drones but none more sophisticated than the breeze at the moment. I'm openly keeping an eye out for a great deal and my friend Doom is also. I probably should have bought a Yuneec H plus with realsense refurb during Christmas ad I believe it was about $800 with full 1 year factory warranty. I've got $411 saved up earned on my Amazon Visa ("free" money) right now and that would have covered half the cost.
I'm also interested in a DJI pro 2 zoom though new as I dont think theres probably any great deals on a refurb but I havent really looked. That bvb would take all the $ I've saved up though so there would be nothing left for extra batteries/upgrades/accessories. I think the zoom is a much better deal than the hasselblad version and has some really cool camera features that the hasselblad doesnt.
Between the H and the zoom the H is far more intriguing/interesting in at least the looks department. Seeing them side by side the H looks more professional to me.
Another possible option would be a phantom but I cant stand the way it looks. So boring blah to me although that's a stupid way to decide which drone to buy.
I love the way DJI has figured out to get such a strong signal for incredible distance flying for both control and video even though I find it hard to believe you would get LOS as far as the H could do. Hate all the DJI decisions though that turned them into an Apple type product!

Edit
I'm not trying to make anyone mad at me for saying the apple thing and in fact my wife as an iphone. It's just not for me.
What I do like is Yuneecs way more hands off approach. It feels more like they have a good balance between rules and treating the operator like he still has a brain. I sure hope they don't throw in the towel and follow DJI in restrictions.
I understand why DJI is being so restrictive as their products are being used everywhere by a vast array of people and they are trying to cover their butts. Cant get around the fact that most professionals are using their products and they are well made with a lot of great features. I think from what I've read that although both Yuneec and DJI have rather crappy customer support Yuneec may still be a bit better right now. Nice that they both offer drone insurance although it's not cheap. When you are limited in funds it's something that would be awfully nice to have since you wont be able to just buy another drone but it's expensive enough to be that double edged sword. Sure would be nice to have 3-4 batteries instead of the insurance so it's a tough call.
I havent really looked it up but I cant believe there are not ways to way up the range on the H. That's something I really need to educate myself on. Theres so many ways to do it with practically any controller out there that why not the H too. I'm not saying that it "needs" more range but who doesnt want better locked in control and video. Theres so many ways to customize the DJI stuff because theres such a market for their products.
I did buy a brand new set of Yuneec Skyview goggles off ebay for a great price of $40 shipped right in the US but havent done anything with them yet other than charge them and make the fit tight for my small head. I believe Yuneec still has them listed for $250 on their site but they are out of stock. You are supposed to be able to use them with practically anything with an hdmi output but I haven't tested yet. Sure seems like a huge bargain at $40.
I'm 53 so of course need readers to see clear in them and they really dont fit inside without seriously bending them up to try and make the width smaller. I got it so it works but most people wont be able to. Need to see if they make kid size readers. I've got lots of other goggles such as gear vr for note 8, a couple of MJX D43 5.8ghz 4.3" monitors perfect fit goggles and ones that came with my tello package that my sister bought me for Christmas plus a few $5 ones from Walmart. Unfortunately all that have a split screen with eye adjustments do not adjust close enough for me. The breeze really splits the images way far apart. Modded a cheap set that might work but someone must make ones that adjust closer. I dont think any kids ones will handle the size of any of my Note 4, galaxy S8+ or note 8 phones though. Might be getting a galaxy S5 too as my sister is either getting a S10 or S10+ soon. If someone can help me with this close width eye thing I sure would appreciate it!!! Sorry but I cant remember at the moment what that eye distance thing is called.
Speaking of Yuneec and DJI stuff it is my personal opinion that MOST crashes are operator error but people wont admit it. I am NOT calling out anyone here on this so no taking it personal. There have certainly been plenty of drone replacements for free because of them going wacky. Its always an edgy experience first flight after a firmware update.

Last edited:
I own a lot of drones but none more sophisticated than the breeze at the moment. I'm openly keeping an eye out for a great deal and my friend Doom is also. I probably should have bought a Yuneec H plus with realsense refurb during Christmas ad I believe it was about $800 with full 1 year factory warranty. I've got $411 saved up earned on my Amazon Visa ("free" money) right now and that would have covered half the cost.
I'm also interested in a DJI pro 2 zoom though new as I dont think theres probably any great deals on a refurb but I havent really looked. That bvb would take all the $ I've saved up though so there would be nothing left for extra batteries/upgrades/accessories. I think the zoom is a much better deal than the hasselblad version and has some really cool camera features that the hasselblad doesnt.
Between the H and the zoom the H is far more intriguing/interesting in at least the looks department. Seeing them side by side the H looks more professional to me.
Another possible option would be a phantom but I cant stand the way it looks. So boring blah to me although that's a stupid way to decide which drone to buy.
I love the way DJI has figured out to get such a strong signal for incredible distance flying for both control and video even though I find it hard to believe you would get LOS as far as the H could do. Hate all the DJI decisions though that turned them into an Apple type product!

Ya, I was thinking of a phantom or the Q500, but I like the Yuneec better I think, easier to fly from what I heard. I would love to get something with obstacle avoidance, but they are so expensive. I would like to start doing some video work in the side. Like working with video.

Huh, that's interesting about the paper towel. Can you explain that? Never heard of it. People are always coming up with new ways of doing things.

Yes, any paper towel (used for *** or hands wiping) stiffs as a rock after you soak it with some superglue. I use it often when fixing broken cases of laptops, since it is light, stiffs like stone (ok, not that hard, but enough), it is cheap and it is good if you have to fill some space.

Pretty important thing when you repair drones is that you don't corrupt its balance. So hot plastic glue shoud be out of the queston. I have broke mine yesterday, so I'm looking for the best solution here. Have to ask my electronics repairman, he uses chloroform or something like that when he glues back parts which do not open with screws (like notebook adapters, Apple monitors, etc).

EDIT: Yes, it is chloroform which you can buy in my country at farmacies (with documents, since it can be missused!) in big packs (litres or more). After quick bonding with chloroform, he uses papertowel or some other cloth for reinforcement, by soaking it with superglue (cyanoacril).

BUT! My friend, who also repairs notebooks, showed me today what he got - PASCOIFX INDUSTRIAL GLUE,
which is used in aero, auto and other industries. It's not cheap but you can get pretty enough pack for 50 EUR. It is kind of liquid superglue and dust/sand (catalisator and reinforcer). In 1 second you can't scrub it from GLASS (or anything else)! And it's pretty hard but elastic enough so that opening/closing notebook screens won't break them easily. Will buy and try, eventhough I have already glued my Breeze with some Bison glue for hard plastic (seems ok).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss