Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K Crash test passed xD

Reaction score
hi everyone, i am new to this drone stuff but recently bought typhoon and i must say i like it a lot.

i do electronics pcb design/repair for hobby so this hobby will provide me with a lot of fun times, in few days it already did.

this thread saves no purpose but feedback to yuneec and how good job i think they done with this drone.

few days ago i was flying over my house checking my antenna and as i have not used yet to controls, crashed drone into roof of house.

drone made few turns over roof, hit groove and jumped a bit more and finaly crashed on solid ground.

there is small breaking on one engine arm, one broken propeller, camera cable got ripped and camera shell where antenna is located snaped on one place.

i cant belive how well it handeled crash into pavement from roof of two story house.

i have resoldered wires, added some more filtering and replaced some parts that looked wrong, i attach pictures here.

i am not sure if drone was repaired before as i bought it on local market but should be new, probably got tricked a bit there but thats my issue. there was some bad servicing, not that mine is any better but i hope this wasnt from factory, some last minute changing of parts or something, it doesnt look like that it looks like someone worked on it in a hurry..

now for repair i did, for two inductors i used 2amp 10uH 1210 smd part, for two tantalum capacitor replacement i used 2 paralleled 50V 10uF x7r ceramic caps, added another common mode as well as series choke on power lines, put it all back togeher and it works, it also worked with that spare cable that connects directly to drone, which is another awesome idea from yuneec.

now for question, where i can get replacement plastic shell for my drone that is reliable source, also where to buy plastic shell for camera? europe based? thanks.
also are ebay proppelers good quality?

also here is video xD

Attachments

• IMG_20191226_050328.jpg
    IMG_20191226_050328.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20191226_052527.jpg
    IMG_20191226_052527.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20191226_052557.jpg
    IMG_20191226_052557.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20191226_052917.jpg
    IMG_20191226_052917.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20191226_053338.jpg
    IMG_20191226_053338.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
now for question, where i can get replacement plastic shell for my drone that is reliable source, also where to buy plastic shell for camera? europe based? thanks. also are ebay proppelers good quality?

The part number for the Body (also called "shell" and "airframe" by some sellers) is: YUNQ4K124-SVC
You can also try search terms such as: Yuneec Q500 (body, shell. airframe)

I have never found any aftermarket props that were usable. All the inexpensive ones I've had access to seem to be seriously out of balance, out of alignment, incorrectly molded and sometimes not even correctly threaded. One set was not even threaded at all. Other members that have actually tried to fly with the cheap propellers report vibration, excessive noise, and breakage while in flight. Beware of any that do not specifically say they are a Yuneec product. Many sellers of the cheap versions will use the term "for Q500" to imply they are the original Yuneec product. They are not. There are some high end propellers that are of good quality, but most folks find the original Yuneec propellers to be entirely adequate and reliable.

Reactions: dabar_solta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech