Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rakon heli

Reaction score
To the guys with the rakon frames how are you setting the landing skids? I've got them set pretty far back and it still wants to tip forward on landing. Any help would be appreciated.IMG_20190508_164805.jpeg

I just got my kit, I figured based on how the OEM skids sit I'd start about an inch from the foam which is further back than what you have from the looks of it. If you look at the OEM skids, they extend further front than back significantly.

Are the Rakon frames as steady as the OEM with all the bracing? It's a good looking unit, to me

Are the Rakon frames as steady as the OEM with all the bracing? It's a good looking unit, to me
It's super solid and much better than oem in my opinion. Considering I've never worked on something like this it was fairly easy to swap over as well, took me about 2 hours. Once I got the landing gear set it lands so much nicer too

Reactions: Inknut77
That looks real nice, I like it!
What did it cost ? I checked on some before I bought the original air frame for mine but to late now lol. Good looking bird!!

$229 for the full kit. Is it worth it? I think so, it's a really solid kit when built. Plus if I were to crAsh and break an arm I now just need to replace the arm and not a complete airframe

That is what I was looking at my self , I wish I went ahead and done the same thing. Plus they looked so awesome. I sure do like yours it is sharp. And I bought a new air frame off of eBay every where else was out of stock so by the time it was all said and done , I had all most 100 dollars in it and all ways will be in the back of my mind it coming down again!! So I messed up. Thanks for the reply may God Bless

Reactions: Inknut77
Thanks RB. Got a Q500 that's in another thread in the forum called "Roadkill". After hooking it to the GUI , it appears everything checks out except 1 B motor, the compass, and the camera, so I'm considering a Rakon heli rather than another Q. Decisions decisions. Roadkill is already replaced, came today, and have a motor on the way. This will be my first build/rebuild. Have done a few repairs on small "throw away" drones so wish me luck.

Thanks RB. Got a Q500 that's in another thread in the forum called "Roadkill". After hooking it to the GUI , it appears everything checks out except 1 B motor, the compass, and the camera, so I'm considering a Rakon heli rather than another Q. Decisions decisions. Roadkill is already replaced, came today, and have a motor on the way. This will be my first build/rebuild. Have done a few repairs on small "throw away" drones so wish me luck.
It's much easier than I thought it was going to be.i have no experience with these things and did the rakon in about 2-3 hours

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval