Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense 50% off! Now, only $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one... I would say wait until it hots $200, and then it would be worth having. Still has issues navigating and wanting to clip trees and branches.

Well, there is demos and then there is the real world. I have 3 Hs, one with factory RS. I don't fly that when very often, because battery life is a good 4~5 mins shorter because of the weight. But I have flown it with the RS on, about 15 times. It clipped some leaves once, and almost clipped some significant branches on 2 other occasions. Like within 2 inches of doing so, enough to where I took over.

So yes, it worked perfectly 12 times. But it only takes once and that good bit of branch to ruin your day... What it needs is sensors in ALL direction to be trusted...

Reactions: abinder
$600 regular price? Isn't that way over what they said it was going to be? Has anyone actually added one to regular H?

Well, there is demos and then there is the real world. I have 3 Hs, one with factory RS. I don't fly that when very often, because battery life is a good 4~5 mins shorter because of the weight. But I have flown it with the RS on, about 15 times. It clipped some leaves once, and almost clipped some significant branches on 2 other occasions. Like within 2 inches of doing so, enough to where I took over.

So yes, it worked perfectly 12 times. But it only takes once and that good bit of branch to ruin your day... What it needs is sensors in ALL direction to be trusted...
Ah! So when you clipped or came close to clipping, you weren't going head long toward that tree?

What I saw was the drone approaching any of the trees, stopping, mapping out the obstacle and then moving around or over it. This was during our training for certification on servicing Yuneec products, so it was really more than just an average demonstration. We tried to make it hit the trees and couldn't.

Reactions: Daemon1
Ah! So when you clipped or came close to clipping, you weren't going head long toward that tree?

What I saw was the drone approaching any of the trees, stopping, mapping out the obstacle and then moving around or over it. This was during our training for certification on servicing Yuneec products, so it was really more than just an average demonstration. We tried to make it hit the trees and couldn't.

In the real world the H is not always going to be flying directly at a tree. This is especially true when in follow me as in theory you might not be watching the H all the time.

Yeah, head on, it works great. But as it's working it's way around, it turns to keep you in the shot with Watch Me. And which point it can end up in a tree sideways...

In the real world the H is not always going to be flying directly at a tree. This is especially true when in follow me as in theory you might not be watching the H all the time.
Which is why you're supposed to have a spotter. Believe me, I understand the 'real world'. And, I agree that none of these new systems are perfect. I'm just telling you my experience and what I think of it.

Not exactly how yuneec show its use with the two people skateboarding. In essence a good idea but in practice a fairly useless item for hands free follow me. Though I guess it is better than the standard sonar system.

Last edited:
Yeah, head on, it works great. But as it's working it's way around, it turns to keep you in the shot with Watch Me. And which point it can end up in a tree sideways...

My RS Pro has piloted itself dozens of times since I got it in July in both Follow Me and Watch ME Modes, walking, on several 4-wheelers, wind, no wind etc. Around giant oak trees with never a problem, completely hands-off.

Is it actually available now as an add-on or is it in the "coming soon" state ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Tom C You might prefer the German YouTube videos of RealSense where they try it out outoors - nothing fake about those, and you can see how the module gets itself around obstacles.

The early 'falling tree' video showed what RealSense was about, but certainly was stage managed. Hard to expect anything different really.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Long time lurker here!

It's available! Mine arrived this week, and I've installed it on one of my Hs.

Very simple, and I'll pop up a video of the installation today if people would like to see it.

If anyone has any questions about it, let me know!

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait it went from399 to 499 last I checked now it's 300 still high. I was gonna jump on it at 399 but don't really think it's worth that just yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop