Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense always with IPS ?

Reaction score
Good day ladies and gentleman.

I just swapped from my TBS Disco over to the Typhoon which has been equipped with RealSense after purchase. Now since it wasn't me buying all stuff in first place, I am a bit curiouse if the RealSense module on the bottom (tail) always means there is IPS in it. How can I figure out what's in there without putting my system to risk ?

Regards Patrick.

Oh you did the same as me - I also arrived at the TH after a long while with a TBS Disco Pro. I loved that machine, and would still be using it now had the IMU in the Naza M2 controller in it not gone randomly nuts one day and smashed my beloved Disco into the ground and oblivion... and that was the end of my trust in DJI.

In answer to your question, yes, if your machine has the RS module installed, you also have IPS.

Mine still is flying and have been reliable until his last day.

Thank you for the reply and have a good evening !

Morning all.

Yesterday I flew in IPS Mode. The Typhoon made a quite horrible crash. After this I figured that the module housing the IPS Ultrasonic and Cam looks different compared to what a IPS one does.

In fact on my machine RealSense is installed, IPS is missing. Bull 3 for the Cam isn't present. I will attach 2 pics where you can see this.

My Question now is, do I have to buy a total new RealSense Module or can this be bought independendly ?

Thanks in advance and have a good day !

Patrick.
Screenshot_20180815-194339.png20180815_182723.jpg

Patrick - very sorry to hear that happened, and I can only apologize if my previous advice was a factor in your subsequent crash whilst testing IPS.
I was utterly unaware that versions existed that didn't have the standard lower sensor array. Given the circumstances, I can only suggest you phone Yuneec in your country and ask them directly what the situation is with your unit, and what can be done about replacing it with the 'full' version.

Hello Rdonson.

My front does have the nar with the intel inside lable.

Further I did call yuneec in Germany. They told me what I denied to be true. The bottom I have is normal for IPS Systems.

However I am about to go deeper in to this issue. Will tell you any findings I make. I am just now curiouse how the Typhoon estimates the drift above ground since I can not see a cam facing down ...

Thank you to all of you putting your knowledge in here!

RealSense with the H does not have down facing traditional cameras. They are “sonar” just like the 2 above the RealSense module seen on the front view.

IPS must be turned on. It’s not documented by Yuneec how to do it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1