Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Response fro Marc Garneau Minister of Transport.

Reaction score
We need Canadians to have a look at our interim order. Way overboard here Here is a copy of the response to an email I sent to Marc Garneau

Dear Mr. Bridges:

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the recent Interim Order on new rules for operating unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

The safety of aviation and people on the ground is one of Transport Canada’s top priorities. The Interim Order in question was introduced in response to a growing number of reported UAV incidents and associated hazards to the general public. The rules set out new restrictions for recreational UAV operations only. Existing rules pertaining to the commercial use of UAVs remain unchanged.

In the case of a violation of the Interim Order, Transport Canada Enforcement Inspectors and local law enforcement officials will conduct an investigation and exercise discretion in taking enforcement actions.

I should note that the Interim Order is a temporary measure to address increasing risks until a more comprehensive set of regulations can be put in place. There will also be an additional opportunity for Canadians to provide input on the proposed regulations once they are published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, in the coming months. I would encourage you to provide your views and concerns as part of that process.

I would invite you to visit Transport Canada’s website at Drone Safety - Transport Canada for information on the department’s activities with respect to UAVs.

Again, thank you for writing.

Yours sincerely,

The Honourable Marc Garneau, P.C., M.P.

Minister of Transport

Now, what could they mean by "more comprehensive set of regulations".

This is the first thing you see on their webpage

More and more people are flying drones and UAVs. Transport Canada regulates their use to keep the public and other airspace users safe. Before you take to the skies, make sure you understand the rules and follow them. Not doing so could put lives at risk and cost you up to $25,000 in fines and/or jail time.

What happened to $3000?

We need more people involved. Before you know it, we won't be able to fly our UAV's anywhere.

We need Canadians to have a look at our interim order. Way overboard here Here is a copy of the response to an email I sent to Marc Garneau

Dear Mr. Bridges:

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the recent Interim Order on new rules for operating unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

The safety of aviation and people on the ground is one of Transport Canada’s top priorities. The Interim Order in question was introduced in response to a growing number of reported UAV incidents and associated hazards to the general public. The rules set out new restrictions for recreational UAV operations only. Existing rules pertaining to the commercial use of UAVs remain unchanged.

In the case of a violation of the Interim Order, Transport Canada Enforcement Inspectors and local law enforcement officials will conduct an investigation and exercise discretion in taking enforcement actions.

I should note that the Interim Order is a temporary measure to address increasing risks until a more comprehensive set of regulations can be put in place. There will also be an additional opportunity for Canadians to provide input on the proposed regulations once they are published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, in the coming months. I would encourage you to provide your views and concerns as part of that process.

I would invite you to visit Transport Canada’s website at Drone Safety - Transport Canada for information on the department’s activities with respect to UAVs.

Again, thank you for writing.

Yours sincerely,

The Honourable Marc Garneau, P.C., M.P.

Minister of Transport

Now, what could they mean by "more comprehensive set of regulations".

This is the first thing you see on their webpage

More and more people are flying drones and UAVs. Transport Canada regulates their use to keep the public and other airspace users safe. Before you take to the skies, make sure you understand the rules and follow them. Not doing so could put lives at risk and cost you up to $25,000 in fines and/or jail time.

What happened to $3000?

We need more people involved. Before you know it, we won't be able to fly our UAV's anywhere.
I don't know about where you are, but in Saskatchewan, there are so many farmers with planes in their yards, there is next to nowhere you can fly. All the lakes and rivers are out as well, as a float plane could land on them. And in the north where all the lakes are, there are a lot of float planes. I have seen a float plane on every lake in Saskatchewan I have been to since I was a child.

I am in Southern Alberta. Same down here with farmers runways, heliports. The only plus with not having lakes is no float planes. I have to drive 30 k just to reach an area where I can fly. I am worried about what they mean by "more comprehensive set of regulations"" I will definitely be adding my voice to the consultation stage. They need to work with UAV manufacturers, distributors and owners.

I am in Southern Alberta. Same down here with farmers runways, heliports. The only plus with not having lakes is no float planes. I have to drive 30 k just to reach an area where I can fly. I am worried about what they mean by "more comprehensive set of regulations"" I will definitely be adding my voice to the consultation stage. They need to work with UAV manufacturers, distributors and owners.
You should go on their site and read who was invited to all of the meetings. No one represented us at all. MAAC fought against us. The entire area I am in, is controlled airspace for hundreds of miles in all directions.

So if it is so hard to fly recreationally in Canada, how is one expected to practice enough to be competent at flying commercially?
Click our heels together 3 times and wait for the DJI fairy to magically appear? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Murray Martz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop