Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to home feature settings causing a crash?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering what your opinions are on what to set the return to home height to when flying your Yuneec drones (I'm flying a Breeze 4k). Here is what happened to me. I was flying my Breeze yesterday in an open field when my iphone shut down (because it was probably too cold). After the 30 second delay with no wifi, my drone started to "return to home" by first going around 100ft up from the 6 feet it was above the ground to start and then returning to home which was on the other side of a huge tree which caused it to crash badly. What do most people have the height set to? If I set it to 6 feet or so, that would make it crash at a max height of 6 feet so hopefully it woudn't do damage, but at the same time, that could take out people etc very easily if the wifi cuts out. Any suggestions to the best approach? Sometimes it's not practical to always have a completely unobstructed path between the drone and the take off location and it's not practical to constantly be adjusting the height settings in the app. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox