Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to Space

The inside of that Dragon capsule is so cool! Touchscreens, sleek, clean....really bad arse!

T Plus 5:30 all nominal....and we get to watch the 1st stage come back and land.......

K...I'm out. Back to CoA's.....now that my 107.29 came in.

Congrats to SpaceX for a really exciting launch. (and landing)

SpaceX Launch.jpeg

They're finishing up testing maneuvering capabilities and switching to docking maneuvers. Scheduled to dock at 10:29 EDT.

Docked! Soft cap 10:16 EDT, over the Northern China/Mongolia border. Hard Dock at 10:29 EDT. Now they doff suits and get prepped to open the hatch and enter the ISS. Hatch opening should be 12:45 EDT and a ceremony in the ISS at 13:15 EDT........

Docked.jpeg

Last edited:
And they're aboard the ISS!

(Sorry for the crappy pix....iPhone of my TV from my recliner. Just can't capture the image as good as the TV produces.)

ISS1.jpeg

ISS2.jpeg

First return window is this Sunday 8/2. They’ve been helping out on ISS with 2 spacewalks but NASA is ready to send them home and SpaceX is ready to conclude the flight with a de-orbit burn, re-entry and splashdown.

Depending on splashdown site chosen (30 mins before ISS departure) it’ll take between 6-30 hours to come home.

Discovery and Science channels are set to cover the "Splashdown Live" this Sunday at 13:00 EDT.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Expected Splashdown is at 14:45 EDT (about). They left ISS yesterday afternoon. This will be the first manned capsule splashdown for SpaceX and it's been 45 years for NASA. The last capsule splashdown was Apollo-Soyuz 7/24/75 just east of Hawaii.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval