Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RIP Treasure Hunter Legend

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
Well dang.....I was really hoping they’d find something concrete, some answers, in Dan’s lifetime.

Dan Blankenship Passes at 95

I’ve enjoyed watching the show over the years and have been curious about the Money Pit since I was a little kid in the early 70’s.

The latest book by Dan Sullivan is a great read....ties a lot together.

Reactions: WTFDproject
It’s an excellent show and one of the brothers is on another show looking for gold. I’ve done a lot of reading about oak island and a lot of the wood they are finding could be from an old lighthouse that once stood there. As least that is what old timers from the area have said. I look at it this way .... if someone went thru all that trouble just to hide treasure, they would have certainly come back for it. I also have my doubts that with no machines etc they could dig so many holes and tunnels 200 feet down. Heck they have some heavy duty cranes there that have trouble penetrating the hard pan. The area has been so disturbed in the last 100 years the ground is unstable in some areas and after all that not one treasure chest or supposed manuscripts. They would never withstand that kind of moisture. But I guess it’s all in the name of reality

Dan Blakenship was a good man and lived a long adventurous life. RIP Dan

I forgot to mention in my post that they used three drones to look for tracer dye that they fed underground to see if it emptied into the ocean. I couldn’t tell what brand they were but that was really cool!

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I forgot to mention in my post that they used three drones to look for tracer dye that they fed underground to see if it emptied into the ocean. I couldn’t tell what brand they were but that was really cool!

They used three DJI Inpsires.

Oh, and there are no tunnels, traps, or treasure vaults. The island is a limestone bedrock covered by glacial till. It is know as a karst region, meaning there are numerous NATURAL caves, tunnels, slumps, and sinkholes. Everybody on the show is paid to be there. Not very mush reality involved in it.

Reactions: PatR
Yeah, I2’s with Zenmuse X5S I believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin