Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rotary International Wheel

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Something of a coup! I was booked to do a job for the local Rotary Club to take a set of images of the Rotary International Wheel in Tandle Hill Park nr Manchester, U.K. To fly in this park demands a permission from the authority that oversees it so I asked the president of the local rotary club to approach the authority on my behalf. After a while, the permission came through and I did the job this morning.

Here is a picture from the set. Converted from a DNG (RAW) file into JPEG.
RAW4.jpg

Edit. Surprisingly the local Rotary club has purchased the video that was displayed here. I'm saying surprisingly since I didn't think the video was of commercial quality...I didn't even bother to set up the camera properly. The client, though, has asked me to remove it from my YouTube account which is what I've done.

Here is a short video of the Rotary Wheel. This video was a by-product from the main job using a second battery that the client didn't pay for. Not quite at commercial standard since I was just draining this second battery to storage. Shot at 4K but rendered down to Full HD. A bit of frame jumping in the panorama sequence but good enough to give folks an idea of the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: rory
Nice job.how much did you make?
Ahh. That'd be telling. I can say , though, that since the Rotary Club does a lot of charity stuff and since the permission was obtained for me (I didn't have to jump through hoops to get it), the fee was just half of what I would have charged for a similar job. I did think about charging almost the full price but I really wanted some photographs of the rotary wheel for my portfolio and didn't want to run the risk of not getting the job: without the Rotary Club getting the permission for me I think it would have been nigh on impossible to get one myself...the authority that oversees this park are not usually forthcoming with permissions to fly UAVs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33