Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rth,Low Voltage, Loss signal rth

Reaction score
Hey all so I noticed very old firmware on website, is this something i should be uploading or i would think the new ones are already updated. Does it have to be on smart mode for the safety defaults low vol rth, loss sign rth.. q500. Also maximum ranges please share range test results... I love how stable the camera stays with quick flight adjustments...

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I'll take a stab.
The RTH will only engage if you loose the control signal. That is very unlikely. Don't confuse it with loss of the video signal. The video feed can drop in and out but control is maintained. If you can't figure out which way to fly to bring it home, push the right stick in the same direction the green arrow is pointing. If you think you actually lost the control signal, put it in Home Mode and leave it there until you see or hear the Q. And........the Q will not return on low battery voltage. You must watch the reading and plan your flights so you can land when the voltage reaches 10.6 v.
The manual is on the web site to download. The firmware on the Q should be 1.07. Sometimes there is a sticker on the bottom which shows the firmware version.

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I'll take a stab.
The RTH will only engage if you loose the control signal. That is very unlikely. Don't confuse it with loss of the video signal. The video feed can drop in and out but control is maintained. If you can't figure out which way to fly to bring it home, push the right stick in the same direction the green arrow is pointing. If you think you actually lost the control signal, put it in Home Mode and leave it there until you see or hear the Q. And........the Q will not return on low battery voltage. You must watch the reading and plan your flights so you can land when the voltage reaches 10.6 v.
The manual is on the web site to download. The firmware on the Q should be 1.07. Sometimes there is a sticker on the bottom which shows the firmware version.
Yes mostly what I was asking, I seen a firmware details saying that it did have the low v return I didn't think it had it but when I seen the firmware wanted to be sure, yes I have been returning to land about 10.9 better safe than sorry. Loss of signal not for video but for receiver to drone, I haven't range tested yet but i dont like flying out of vfr not good practice if you do lose video signal, now I will have issues with it not capturing when half mile away but other than that it's very responsive. The one thing i noticed sometimes its very difficult to tell which way its flying sometimes [emoji12] thanks for the info, definitely helped better to ask then to learn them the hard way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misfit88