Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD Card Options?

Reaction score
The manual says to use a Class 10 MicroSD card but will other MicroSD cards work in the Typhoon Q500 4k?

From: Confused with all the numbers, letters on SD cards? Here’s what they mean

Speed Class
This specification is represented on the card as a number inside of the letter “C.” It represents the minimum write speed and is most important to those shooting video or very large images in succession (burst mode).

There are four classes: 2, 4, 6 and 10. The number represents the minimum sustained megabytes per second (MB/s) write speed — the higher the number, the faster the sustained speed.

Other cards will possibly work, however there is a good chance that you will possibly have distorted video or issues with them as the speed will not be up to par. Especially if trying to record in 4K.

I have a Blade Chroma. The Chroma utilizes the CGO3 camera as does the Q500.

In my Blade Chroma 4K I'm currently using this card:

Samsung (MB-ME128GA/AM) 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Full-Size Adapter

I initially tried this card:

SAMSUNG: EVO Select 128GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128HA)

After doing testing via CrystalDiskMark the card I'm currently using has a 20Mb/s average faster write speed. The write speed is very important if recording in 4K. This card has served me well and is quite cheap at this time on Amazon. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval