Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Seriously FUBAR after firmware upgrade (20190122) :(

Reaction score
I just tried to do the OTA to newest firmware but now the ST16s and Plus will not bind and I have tried everything. The C23 connects fine but the drone itself and controller is completely unable to connect, even after countless attemps to do the re-bind process. It just keeps saying "no rc found" :(

I know that there has been an old thread regarding this back in September but I have a hard time following what to do (sorry oliver) so maybe someone could assist me in how to get this back to working order. I have an important SAR assignment tomorrow afternoon and wanted to use the new zoom option for better searchability but now I am completely bricked..........never never ever do an update the night before, not even if you think the manufactorer should be on top of things......******......

After a few frustating hours I have managed to downgrade the units to latest "official" release (didnt see the minimum 40% battery warning that very very briefly popped up during Controller downgrade attemps) but still "no rc found" regardless of what I do. I will have to cancel my participation in that SAR tomorrow and find a way to get hold of Yuneec support to get this solved. Pretty sure this is pure software related in terms of driver etc that is missing and now the unit will not make use of the 2.4ghz radio anymore. The 5.8ghz works fine, have successfull image from camera but no control at all. I do have the battery information shown so I guess some data is relayed via the camera frequency.......f*cking frustrating when this happens.

Update: As a final attempt to just do something constructive I went into the app and enabled Global OTA via the secret menu (tab Compass Calibration 4-5 times, select Global OTA and go back to check firmware) and did another download of the 20190122 software package. Lord and behold.......it actually did what it was suppose to! It enabled the TX again and now the drone, controller, camera and gimbal are all playing nicely together! I will try to make a proper guide in pdf format if others are interested and hopefully avoid all the headache I just have been through.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbernholdt
Glad to hear you finally make it work well. It's great if you can share something for our reference.
BTH, do you still can join in the SAR?

After a few frustating hours I have managed to downgrade the units to latest "official" release (didnt see the minimum 40% battery warning that very very briefly popped up during Controller downgrade attemps) but still "no rc found" regardless of what I do. I will have to cancel my participation in that SAR tomorrow and find a way to get hold of Yuneec support to get this solved. Pretty sure this is pure software related in terms of driver etc that is missing and now the unit will not make use of the 2.4ghz radio anymore. The 5.8ghz works fine, have successfull image from camera but no control at all. I do have the battery information shown so I guess some data is relayed via the camera frequency.......f*cking frustrating when this happens.

Update: As a final attempt to just do something constructive I went into the app and enabled Global OTA via the secret menu (tab Compass Calibration 4-5 times, select Global OTA and go back to check firmware) and did another download of the 20190122 software package. Lord and behold.......it actually did what it was suppose to! It enabled the TX again and now the drone, controller, camera and gimbal are all playing nicely together! I will try to make a proper guide in pdf format if others are interested and hopefully avoid all the headache I just have been through.
Glad that you have found one of the solutions, there is a lot of update that does not go well with this OTA.

YUNEEC, PLEASE, give us the opportunity to download your files directly from your site.

Glad that you have found one of the solutions, there is a lot of update that does not go well with this OTA.

YUNEEC, PLEASE, give us the opportunity to download your files directly from your site.

Thanks Oliver, I tried to combine the threads and posts that you have done so you basicly saved me :) However it would be nice if they had some sort of “safe mode” to restore back to previous working order when things like this happens.

Thanks Oliver, I tried to combine the threads and posts that you have done so you basicly saved me :) However it would be nice if they had some sort of “safe mode” to restore back to previous working order when things like this happens.
This kind of trouble never came with the 480,
As a professional, it is important not to worry after an update and be able to rely on his gear. I still lost a contract one day, the machine did not want to take off while all satellites, lights, etc. were green. Even Yuneec did not find. it was simply necessary to reinstall the same version of the software. :mad:

This kind of trouble never came with the 480,
As a professional, it is important not to worry after an update and be able to rely on his gear. I still lost a contract one day, the machine did not want to take off while all satellites, lights, etc. were green. Even Yuneec did not find. it was simply necessary to reinstall the same version of the software. :mad:

Not ideal in any way but after all you are not stuck with mandatory firmware requirement upon start like a certain other brand :) Over all I am very happy with the choice of Yuneec, we just sometimes focus on the negative situations because its so frustrating when it happens. I liked the old way of recovering on the H480 and hopefully it will be possible to officially do what I did last night with the files supplied by a fellow danish owner.

You have certainly used the sd card and reinstall the st16s with the file "update.zip" and the directory "firmware". Then the autopilot.yuneec, camera.bin and gimbal.yuneec files on the C23.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33