Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Set Breeze to hover instead of landing in case WiFi is lost

Reaction score
Hi Mates,

I plan to use Breeze while sailing and since I am aware that it might be a bit tricky since it will fly over a reflective surface I would like to know if that it is possible to set it to hover in case the WiFi signal is lost (which unfortunately happens sometimes).

Do you know if such setting exists or if that is possible to somehow force the drone to hover until the battery is gone?

Regards,
Piotr

The settings you are asking about do not exist in the Breeze Cam app. I’ll describe what the Breeze does when WiFi is lost so you can plan accordingly. You might consider getting WiFi repeater to help boost the WiFi signal also (see this thread starting on page 4 Breeze Range Extender). I would recommend the ZyXEL WRE6606.

If you disable GPS to fly you will have the Pilot and Controller modes available. You will lose GPS aided positioning and the Breeze will drift with the wind. So if you lose WiFi the Breeze will go into hover mode and drift with the wind and you will have to chase it to try regaining WiFi connectivity. It will continue to hover and drift until it reaches the second low battery warning then it will land.

With GPS enabled the Breeze will go to hover on loss of WiFi and remain at that position for about 30 seconds and await WiFi connectivity. If WiFi is not regained it will then enter RTH mode and go to the set RTH height and fly to the takeoff point and hover there for another 30 seconds waiting for WiFi connectivity. It will then complete the RTH and land at the takeoff point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunwininstitute