Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Setting Time / Date on the Breeze

Reaction score
I have noticed that the timestamp on the videos I download from my Breeze are incorrect. The date is correct, however, the time is wrong.

Does anyone know how to set the time on the Breeze?

The timestamp is derived from the GPS-broadcasts. The satellites transmit UTC, which is off your local time several hours unless you live where GMT rules - e.g. in England, Wales, Scotland. AFAIK there is no way to set the time manually with the breeze.

Reactions: CzarMark
If it takes the time from GPS, then why today (7.nov.2019) and yesterday I get date 2000.03.23 (23rd March of year 2000) as name of my recordings (also in EXIF data in pictures)?

The flying itself didn't have any problems, and it was outside, so GPS was ON. RTH also worked fine.

EDIT: BTW, the TIME was correct (as I can recall, recordings happened aprox. at time written in filenames and EXIF). All software and firmware are the latest, and I am using old & small iPhone 5 (with correct date/time and with disabled any communication except WiFi).

Last edited:
Reactions: robbie2
There is this week count rollover thing with GPS signals that affects older systems. I think I remember that kicked in last week or so, so maybe it also affects our Breezes?
If it takes the time from GPS, then why today (7.nov.2019) and yesterday I get date 2000.03.23 (23rd March of year 2000) as name of my recordings (also in EXIF data in pictures)?

The flying itself didn't have any problems, and it was outside, so GPS was ON. RTH also worked fine.

EDIT: BTW, the TIME was correct (as I can recall, recordings happened aprox. at time written in filenames and EXIF). All software and firmware are the latest, and I am using old & small iPhone 5 (with correct date/time and with disabled any communication except WiFi).

Well, today I checked this on my own Breeze, and it all works fine - both date and time of pics and clips are correct.
Using firmware 2.04E, the modified BreezeCam app and an old Nexus 5 Android phone.

There is this week count rollover thing with GPS signals that affects older systems. I think I remember that kicked in last week or so, so maybe it also affects our Breezes?

Well, maybe you are right! Today (21.11.2019.) it synchronised correctly. Didn't know about this thing with GPS. Was it "this time only" or it happens whenever "daytime saving light" kicks in/out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval