Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Software update... latest version don't allow to fly over 120 meters????

tyhpoon don't fly over 122 meters

• typhoon restriction policy

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • is not good for yuneec it does not make sense

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Until yesterday my Tyhpoon Pro h, bought six months ago, was flying happy between the fields.
Yesterday I made the last firmware update of ST16 and Thyphoon pro h and now the maximum height is 122 meters. Also by changing the software the value to 1000, the drone does not exceed 122 meters. until yesterday instead everything worked properly. Yuneec says that with the update this value you can not change more, you can with the next updates. Is it true? And when? So now I have a drone cost almost 2000 Euros which works like a drone from 200 euro toy. Yuneec must solve this problem as soon as possible. I feel teased!

Reactions: Nuance
This is a known issue with Autopilot v1.30. Yuneec have been working on a fix and expect it to be rectified in the next release. I have also been told that it may be this week but who knows.

I think this has been posted before but here it is again:

This keeps the other 3.01 settings and only rolls back the 1.3 Flight controller included in 3.01 to FC to the FC 1.29 included in the 3.0 update, and thereby removing the 119m height restriction.

This is updating via the GUI and slightly different from updating from other settings via the GUI, so follow the steps exactly. (The power button on the H is never touched in the whole process - the H remains off, the USB supplies power directly to the FC board).

1. Download the 1.29 flight controller from here Dropbox - TyphoonH_FC_V1.29_21_10_2016.yuneec
2. With the H powered off - connect the short supplied USB to the bottom of the H body - do not connect the USB to the PC yet!
3. Launch the GUI
4. In the GUI go to Tools>Firmware Update
5. Select the downloaded 1.29 Flight controller from step 1.
6. Plug the USB into the PC - (Do not power on the H - The USB cable provides power directly to the Flight control board, the H will not light up).
7. As soon as the GUI see's the H it will load the 1.29 Flight controller.- Wait until the progress bar is finished and you will get a Firmware success message - Click Yes.
8. Unplug the USB and Reboot the H.
9. Calibrate the compass and accelerometer.

That's it...you still have the dual redundancy wifi and other features of the 3.01 showing on the ST16.

Last edited:
you still have the dual redundancy wifi and other features of the 3.01 showing on the ST16.

Steve,

Is there any indication when the controller switches over to the 5GHz radio or is it all in the background and we just have to assume it works?

Steve,

Is there any indication when the controller switches over to the 5GHz radio or is it all in the background and we just have to assume it works?
Wish I could answer that, but I really don't know. Perhaps someone else has information. I'm grounded for weather.

HI there .. the 122 meters height limit ... where I live in queensland Australia there is a mountain range not far from me .. I was going to take the H there great views from the cliffs ... does that mean when I take off and at 20 feet and fly over the cliff edge and its a shear drop of 4 ,000 feet will the H will drop like a rock ???

I was told by Yuneec Tech support that the altitude limit, 122 meters (400ft), is in addition to your field elevation. So if your field elevation is 3,000 ft your altitude limit is 3,400 Ft. Basically it is 400ft above where ever you take off from.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I was told by Yuneec Tech support that the altitude limit, 122 meters (400ft), is in addition to your field elevation. So if your field elevation is 3,000 ft your altitude limit is 3,400 Ft. Basically it is 400ft above where ever you take off from.
Right. It's a barometric altimeter which is reset to zero each time the H is turned on. It does not measure the distance to the ground.

well then I am a happy chap .. I have rarely flown over 400 ft only by accident more then any thing else .. and I thank you both for your knowledge on this matter cheers

Thanks for this! I got my new H about a week ago and already had firmware updates installed. However, two days ago the ST 16 advised me there was an update to Auto pilot while it was connected to wifi at home. Updated and had the same issue. I had to fly slightly above 400 ft (for like 5 seconds) the other day to get over a *** and couldn't. I had to thread the H thru a grove of trees instead. (the long way hone) Altitude indicated on controller was 387 feet and would not go any higher. I just needed 5 more feet to get over the structure and come home. :eek:

I was under the impression firmware updates are not backwards compatible....will I be OK doing this? Has anyone rolled back to previous auto pilot yet? Thanks,

Thanks for this! I got my new H about a week ago and already had firmware updates installed. However, two days ago the ST 16 advised me there was an update to Auto pilot while it was connected to wifi at home. Updated and had the same issue. I had to fly slightly above 400 ft (for like 5 seconds) the other day to get over a *** and couldn't. I had to thread the H thru a grove of trees instead. (the long way hone) Altitude indicated on controller was 387 feet and would not go any higher. I just needed 5 more feet to get over the structure and come home. :eek:

I was under the impression firmware updates are not backwards compatible....will I be OK doing this? Has anyone rolled back to previous auto pilot yet? Thanks,
You should have no trouble if you follow the procedure. It came from Yuneec.

Hello everyone!

Thanks to Steve I was able to roll back auto pilot to v1.29. It went OK but couldn't test it at home because I was still waiting for my NFZ key from Yuneec and living close to the airport I couldn't even start up. I got my NFZ key a hour later from Yuneec and performed the the NFZ disable via GUI.

Took it outside for a test flight. Looks like they gave me the full NFZ release because I was able to climb to above 50 feet! However, I did loose right stick control - trying to go backwards after 5 minutes. Then I lost throttle. I activated RTH and it came back withing 20 feet and I took control again and just hand caught it! Whew.

I did a calibration of compass and accelerometer before the test. I went inside and rebinded the H and did another calibration. Took off and everything seemed fine for about 5 minutes. Responded to all inputs but then started drifting to the right. I lost control of the throttle again and had to do RTH to get it close. It was also dipping about a foot and back up twice before landing. I was too nervous to let it land itself so hand caught it again. What have I done? I was flying perfectly before all the updates. I totally jinxed myself on this one.

Do you think rolling back the Auto pilot is causing this and/or the NFZ update? Hard to know now since I didn't/couldn't test each update individually from home.

Last edited:
This is not a Joke. You can Calibrate Accelometer in the air. This would be better than to Calibrate with Typhoon H above. You must make sure that there is wind still. (Remember when you calibrate Accelometer, you have no GPS connected). Start your Typhoon H in a safe place, wait until it is ready to start. Press Calibrate Accelometer at ST16, then eases you. (It will run because it has no GPS connected, control the bit with the right connector). Let it fly a little, need not be as long in the air, which in my video. Then land your Typhoon H, and wait for it to reboot and is ready to Fly. This is the best way to calibrate Accelometer, but if you do not have problems, it is ok in stagnant mode. My video is not the best recording but gives an insight into how it works.

This is not a Joke. You can Calibrate Accelometer in the air. This would be better than to Calibrate with Typhoon H above. You must make sure that there is wind still. (Remember when you calibrate Accelometer, you have no GPS connected). Start your Typhoon H in a safe place, wait until it is ready to start. Press Calibrate Accelometer at ST16, then eases you. (It will run because it has no GPS connected, control the bit with the right connector). Let it fly a little, need not be as long in the air, which in my video. Then land your Typhoon H, and wait for it to reboot and is ready to Fly. This is the best way to calibrate Accelometer, but if you do not have problems, it is ok in stagnant mode. My video is not the best recording but gives an insight into how it works.

This makes no sense to me. I thought the whole point of accelerometer calibration was so that the drone knows what "still" looks like and shouldn't move at all. I'll stick to doing it on a flat surface in my house.

Last edited:
Reactions: THoff and Kev Waite
Yeah, I couldn't recommend doing a calibration this way. Accelerometers sense the slightest movement and you are also zeroing the gyro at the same time. If it's in the air there is going to be some movement. I think you would substantially increase your chances of getting a bad cal.

You couldn't pay me to try this method. It's like asking for a fly away. Sorry

Reactions: THoff
concerning the height limit of 122m or 400ft
Simple a lot of countries have a height limit of 400ft or 122m in their drone laws
In my country the height limit for recreational flight is 45m and commercial flight is 91m

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop