Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Software update... latest version don't allow to fly over 120 meters????

tyhpoon don't fly over 122 meters

• typhoon restriction policy

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • is not good for yuneec it does not make sense

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
Ok guys, just got off the phone with my personal Yuneec tech, I did a full update via SD card method and everything is OK. H flies just like it did out of the box. He told me they DO NOT recommend rolling v1.30 back to v1.29! It can cause the same exact issues I had yesterday. I was not the only pilot who had issues with the rollback. He recommends waiting for the new update coming soon. For those of you who live in places were you occasionally need to fly above 400 ft. for "safety" reasons, I suggest waiting. If your H is flying fine after the roll back then you are lucky! Fly Safe!

Reactions: Hootz
I'm not the only one who Calibrate Accelerometer this way. :)

Calibrating all my birds is done the way Yuneec recommends and they fly perfectly. I have no need yet to do an inflight calibration for my purposes. Thanks for sharing though. Good to know there are always alternatives to procedures.

Ok guys, just got off the phone with my personal Yuneec tech, I did a full update via SD card method and everything is OK. H flies just like it did out of the box. He told me they DO NOT recommend rolling v1.30 back to v1.29! It can cause the same exact issues I had yesterday. I was not the only pilot who had issues with the rollback. He recommends waiting for the new update coming soon. For those of you who live in places were you occasionally need to fly above 400 ft. for "safety" reasons, I suggest waiting. If your H is flying fine after the roll back then you are lucky! Fly Safe!
Well crap. I just finished doing the update and then the roll back to 1.29. Your post is the first time I have heard any issues with the roll back. I can't fly right now since it's too dark to take a chance. In any case your experience with this is very valuable to the forum, so thanks for following up.

Well crap. I just finished doing the update and then the roll back to 1.29. Your post is the first time I have heard any issues with the roll back. I can't fly right now since it's too dark to take a chance. In any case your experience with this is very valuable to the forum, so thanks for following up.

Sorry Steve, I tried to send you a private message this morning. Give it a try, you may be OK with the roll back. The tech that helped me said he's had about 12 pilots with the issue in the past two weeks. Keep the H close to you after you do it though. Had I flown higher and farther, my ending may not have been a happy one. You can always roll forward but you will need to re-load the entire package to avoid issues. Good Luck!

concerning the height limit of 122m or 400ft
Simple a lot of countries have a height limit of 400ft or 122m in their drone laws
In my country the height limit for recreational flight is 45m and commercial flight is 91m

Yes, here in the USA, the limit is 400 and limit for manned aircraft is 500 feet. However, a lot of smaller planes and helicopters fly much lower than 500 feet especially on the coast. Military and tour helicopters are the worse offenders. I have had to dive to 200 feet to avoid being hit by manned aircraft at remote beaches. I know...they will always have the right of way. :rolleyes:

Yes, here in the USA, the limit is 400 and limit for manned aircraft is 500 feet. However, a lot of smaller planes and helicopters fly much lower than 500 feet especially on the coast. Military and tour helicopters are the worse offenders. I have had to dive to 200 feet to avoid being hit by manned aircraft at remote beaches. I know...they will always have the right of way. :rolleyes:
I believe over open bodies of water manned aircraft have no lower altitude limit. That could explain your close calls.

As for the 1.29 firmware, I need it this weekend for a project where I need to follow terrain up to 600-800'. Since I only updated my primary H I may have to use my backup bird. The drawback is it has the original firmware so the video won't be nearly as good especially in low light conditions.

I believe over open bodies of water manned aircraft have no lower altitude limit. That could explain your close calls.

As for the 1.29 firmware, I need it this weekend for a project where I need to follow terrain up to 600-800'. Since I only updated my primary H I may have to use my backup bird. The drawback is it has the original firmware so the video won't be nearly as good especially in low light conditions.

OH I see! Yes that makes sense about water. I know in Hawaii where I live part time, it is legal to fly over anywhere over water.

Let us know how the firmware behaves. My H did not like the roll back at all. I almost lost her just flying 50 feet. Good Luck

I recently downgraded to Autopilot 1.29 to gain the altitude i needed to fly in a mountainous area. I did the downgrade successfully as described above. I then reset my ST16 by deleting the application cache and rebinding my H to the ST16 and did all calibrations etc. My H flew flawlessly. I had no issues at all.

I recently downgraded to Autopilot 1.29 to gain the altitude i needed to fly in a mountainous area. I did the downgrade successfully as described above. I then reset my ST16 by deleting the application cache and rebinding my H to the ST16 and did all calibrations etc. My H flew flawlessly. I had no issues at all.

Good to hear. Steve pointed out I needed to delete my flight data which I failed to do. I'm going to wait for the next update. I'm really apprehensive to mess with my new expensive toy for awhile.

Reactions: Nuance
I think this has been posted before but here it is again:

This keeps the other 3.01 settings and only rolls back the 1.3 Flight controller included in 3.01 to FC to the FC 1.29 included in the 3.0 update, and thereby removing the 119m height restriction.

This is updating via the GUI and slightly different from updating from other settings via the GUI, so follow the steps exactly. (The power button on the H is never touched in the whole process - the H remains off, the USB supplies power directly to the FC board).

1. Download the 1.29 flight controller from here Dropbox - TyphoonH_FC_V1.29_21_10_2016.yuneec
2. With the H powered off - connect the short supplied USB to the bottom of the H body - do not connect the USB to the PC yet!
3. Launch the GUI
4. In the GUI go to Tools>Firmware Update
5. Select the downloaded 1.29 Flight controller from step 1.
6. Plug the USB into the PC - (Do not power on the H - The USB cable provides power directly to the Flight control board, the H will not light up).
7. As soon as the GUI see's the H it will load the 1.29 Flight controller.- Wait until the progress bar is finished and you will get a Firmware success message - Click Yes.
8. Unplug the USB and Reboot the H.
9. Calibrate the compass and accelerometer.

That's it...you still have the dual redundancy wifi and other features of the 3.01 showing on the ST16.
I think this has been posted before but here it is again:

This keeps the other 3.01 settings and only rolls back the 1.3 Flight controller included in 3.01 to FC to the FC 1.29 included in the 3.0 update, and thereby removing the 119m height restriction.

This is updating via the GUI and slightly different from updating from other settings via the GUI, so follow the steps exactly. (The power button on the H is never touched in the whole process - the H remains off, the USB supplies power directly to the FC board).

1. Download the 1.29 flight controller from here Dropbox - TyphoonH_FC_V1.29_21_10_2016.yuneec
2. With the H powered off - connect the short supplied USB to the bottom of the H body - do not connect the USB to the PC yet!
3. Launch the GUI
4. In the GUI go to Tools>Firmware Update
5. Select the downloaded 1.29 Flight controller from step 1.
6. Plug the USB into the PC - (Do not power on the H - The USB cable provides power directly to the Flight control board, the H will not light up).
7. As soon as the GUI see's the H it will load the 1.29 Flight controller.- Wait until the progress bar is finished and you will get a Firmware success message - Click Yes.
8. Unplug the USB and Reboot the H.
9. Calibrate the compass and accelerometer.

That's it...you still have the dual redundancy wifi and other features of the 3.01 showing on the ST16.

Has anyone heard about the fixes/features the new update is supposed to address?

Do you actually know what Autopilot is for and what the update actually changed besides the altitude thing? The tech who helped me was vague, saying the software is critical for maintaining flight and did not recommend rolling back. Obviously, I was one of the few that experienced flight control issues. I wonder if this would have worked for me if I deleted the cache in the flight data after rolling back.

Do you actually know what Autopilot is for and what the update actually changed besides the altitude thing? The tech who helped me was vague, saying the software is critical for maintaining flight and did not recommend rolling back. Obviously, I was one of the few that experienced flight control issues. I wonder if this would have worked for me if I deleted the cache in the flight data after rolling back.
As far as I am aware, autopilot controls the flight characteristics of the H and also all of the smart functions such as rth, ccc, orbit etc.

You could try deleting the data in the St16 and rebind and calibrate before flying again to see if it makes a difference. I do this after every update and have never had a problem. I've owned my H since May last year and not had a single issue to report.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

As far as I am aware, autopilot controls the flight characteristics of the H and also all of the smart functions such as rth, ccc, orbit etc.

You could try deleting the data in the St16 and rebind and calibrate before flying again to see if it makes a difference. I do this after every update and have never had a problem. I've owned my H since May last year and not had a single issue to report.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I don't want to throw someone under the bus but, the directions posted in the thread did not mention deleting cache. (Even though I knew you had to do that for a full update):p:D Since this was just for one item, I assumed skipping that step was part of the instructions for rolling back to 1.29. I will definitely do this step every time from now on!

Reactions: Nuance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis