Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 factory reset - beyond the "Pad"

Reaction score
Hope I can get some good help here. My ST-16 will not see the Typhoon H camera via the Wi-Fi. My iPhone can. It will not bind to the camera though it can bind to the H. I have read thread after thread and concluded that the problem was that the internal wi-fi board was shot. All the camera functions (tilt, etc are fine). Several mentioned replacing the board and that seemed to work with others. I ordered from Yuneec and replaced the wi-fi board. Then I was going to do a factory reset and bind the camera/drone again. Alas, the ST-16 (whether the Typhoon is ON or OFF) boots up with the broken English that "Camera type is not match! Please select right camera type!" Selecting any camera in "Camera Select" simply returns me to the same start up screen. An endless loop so to speak. The bottom icons are locked (Pad | System Settings | Channel Settings | Model Select ). The other buttons below, including the home and clear screen key do nothing as well.
Is there some other way to get into the ST-16 and do a reset? Any help would be appreciated.
BTW, Yuneec offers a "reset switch" for $1.99 - part no. YUNST16107SVC. Anybody know what that does?
Thanks guys,
Studio 144
Houston Texas

I have never seen any posts of that "reset switch" available for purchase... would love to know exactly what that does.

Hope I can get some good help here. My ST-16 will not see the Typhoon H camera via the Wi-Fi. My iPhone can. It will not bind to the camera though it can bind to the H. I have read thread after thread and concluded that the problem was that the internal wi-fi board was shot. All the camera functions (tilt, etc are fine). Several mentioned replacing the board and that seemed to work with others. I ordered from Yuneec and replaced the wi-fi board. Then I was going to do a factory reset and bind the camera/drone again. Alas, the ST-16 (whether the Typhoon is ON or OFF) boots up with the broken English that "Camera type is not match! Please select right camera type!" Selecting any camera in "Camera Select" simply returns me to the same start up screen. An endless loop so to speak. The bottom icons are locked (Pad | System Settings | Channel Settings | Model Select ). The other buttons below, including the home and clear screen key do nothing as well.
Is there some other way to get into the ST-16 and do a reset? Any help would be appreciated.
BTW, Yuneec offers a "reset switch" for $1.99 - part no. YUNST16107SVC. Anybody know what that does?
Thanks guys,
Studio 144
Houston Texas
That is a start/stop switch you would use to replace the existing one on the ST16. There is no actual reset switch on the ST16.

Well, I guess I've stumped everybody. Is there anyone out there that can address the question?
Many thanks.

So, have you attempted to call CS or get them on chat and see if they can assist you in the reset process?

No, not really. I have seen so many posts of wait times, frustration, poor cs, that I figured it wasn't worth the time. I have seen a great deal of expertise on this forum I was hoping for a quick reply. I think the point is, like the "secret" calibration sequence, there would be a hard manual reset somewhere.
I have really been impressed with the degree of intelligence here.
Thanks so much.
Studio 144
Houston Texas

Actually, despite staffing cutbacks, the CS thru Yuneec is quite a reasonable affair, if you know how to work the system to your advantage, rather than fighting it. For example, with you being in Texas you have a 2 hour delay from California. Yuneec CS opens at 10 AM CT, weekdays.

Call between 10:05 and 10:10 AM. If the wait time is longer than about 20 minutes you'll be given an option to make an appointment for a call back. But with only 2 phone support techs, those appointments fill up quick... so if you aren't calling early, you'll end up with those 3 hour hold times.

You also now have the additional avenue of using their live chat... but I have no idea how many personnel they have operate those chat lines... quite possibly only another 2 people.

Great, I will give it a try and definitely report back.
First, tomorrow, I will video the Bush4141 train take our President from Houston to College Station. If I get good videos I will post those too.
Studio 144

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval