Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Fans

I remember someone saying early on, that the problem was that the plastic fan blade comes loose on the shaft and that it was an easy fix. I have not tried it though.

Yes that is the same thing that I've heard about really early ST16's is that the reason why the fans made noise was not just the fan unexplainably making noise but instead the noise was caused from one of the fans inside the "Early" ST16 was having issues with the blades coming loose from the fan mount & then coming into contact with something else inside the TX. Yuneec has since fixed the fan noise issue because all of us that have purchased the H have not been plagued with this same noise issue in our ST16. So I think that you'd be perfectly fine if you either have Yuneec fix your fan issue or you order a fan from them to fix it yourself if you no longer under warranty. But "Typhoon Charlie" If you DO end up fixing the fan issue yourself, could I ask you a favor to Please while you have the ST16 opened up to fix it, can you take as many differently angled photos of the inside of the ST16 PLEASE & let me know if you do take the pictures?? Because I'd be eternally grateful to you for doing that one small favor for me because if you've every tried to look up & find any pics of the inside they are almost non-existent or if you do happen to find any they are all only showing the inside of it that is not high resolution nor is it very zoomed in at all. The reason I'm wanting these photos of the inside of the ST16 is because I'm planning on doing the 3rd antenna mod with my ST16 that relocates the 2.4Ghz Zigbee antenna from being inside the TX to outside of the TX so that I'll end up with 3 total antenna's at the top of my TX & I've also been trying to figure out what Radio system they used in the entire H NOT what model the Tablet inside of the TX but instead the actual radio system that they say is a full 16 channel system so that I can figure out if it might have any extra/free/open channels that I may be able to use to control maybe 1 additional servo but preferably more than just a single extra channel & if it does not have any extra open channels then I'd like to figure out whether or not I'd be able to Expand the Reciever module that is inside of the H because with many other Receiver modules there is a way to expand them to add an additional up to 8 channels.

If you are still not convinced that Yuneec will provide you with fans that will solve your issue or for whatever reason just do not want to order from them, then let me know & because I'm asking you to please take some pictures of the inside of the TX & I'll search & find you a different manufacturer of fans that will fit inside of your ST16. Also just an idea (but I know that I'll be doing this when I open up my ST16) while you have it opened you may want to think about purchasing some Thermal Pad Material from Fujipoly & for example if you where installing thermal pad material into a PC it would go in between the processor & its Heatsink as well as in between the Graphics processor & its heatsink, So Inside of the ST16 whatever is producing the heat whether its a single processor or whatever else it is put that thermal pad material in between it and/or under any copper heat transfer pipes because what it will do is instead of whatever is causing the heat to have it first produce the heat & then the heat usually hovers right above it & it slowly gets removed to cool that area down by its fans which is why I suggest the thermal material that is specifically the Fujipoly brand because it has the highest heat removal rating so it will remove the heat from that area & out of the TX. If you do take my suggestion to do that you will find that the fans inside of your ST16 (if they are the type that only turn on when a specific heat is reached) will turn on a noticeable amount less than you ever experienced before. Thanks Tom C

OK Tom,
I have already done the 3 antenna mod on mine. I will be opening the TX today and will try to find the source if the noise and try to engineer a solution . I believe I have found a source for the fans if I need some. I will tale some good pictures for you and let you know.

When i got my H the st16 made a loud noise right away. Took to the hobby shop and they took apart and found that the fan has a thin metal piece mounted diagonally. Its was slightly bent and the fan was rubbing on it. Straightened it remounted and all was clear.

Bill W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop