Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16s battery self discharge ....

Reaction score
No solution to prevent the st16s battery from draining when the radio is turned off?

I can't believe the only solution is to take out the battery :) .....

Your a little vague with your question? Any battery will discharge over time, even taken out of the controller. How long is it taking to show a significant drop? Perhaps a weekly check to make sure it's fully charged, it could even be a faulty battery or controller.

You are right, I am talking this same problem:

After turn off the ST16s, if the battery is inserted for a day it discharge of +/-10%, if I disconnect the battery it mantain at full charge.
At the moment I disconnect the battery after a recharge .

I can't believe there isn't another solution.

No solution to prevent the st16s battery from draining when the radio is turned off?

There is a very simple solution: Disconnect the battery when not using the ST16S. It comes out so easily, it takes no time at all. Just make it part of your charging routine and disconnect the battery when you disconnect the USB cable.:cool:

There is a very simple solution: Disconnect the battery when not using the ST16S. It comes out so easily, it takes no time at all. Just make it part of your charging routine and disconnect the battery when you disconnect the USB cable.:cool:
Yes, I know , but from an advanced drone like this one Is really frustrating (1700 euros).

For what it is worth, if your ST-16 battery is discharging while off, you've either got a battery going bad or something is wrong inside your ST-16. A fully charged battery in the controller, should not be discharging any appreciable amount over a one day period. Before selling my 2 and a half year old Typhoon this past summer I had not flown it for two months, upon turning on the ST-16 since the last charge; it was at 97%.

Reactions: AH-1G and rdonson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox