Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stanney Brook Park

Flying around Stanney Brook Park near to Milnrow in England taking a look at some industrial units.

Great video quality! How did you manage to not have these typical compression artefacts (pulsating of highly complex image details in the frequency of the video compression keyframe distance)?
Did you shoot in "unprocessed" mode? Did you use a lower video sharpness level?
These are my experiences using the H480 with CGO3+ over the last years. So I am very positively surprised of the overall video quality!
And: not to forget the video shots themselves are also very clean, smooth and cinematic.
(Clean and smooth are aspects that the H520 never really was able to accomplish... So the H480 in fact remained the better video shooting drone for complex turns and climbs or descends.)
Edit: Also the behaviour of the tilt lever was 100% perfect with the H480. The H520's tilt lever never reached any kind of good start/stop smoothness. The same applies to the much better yaw stick reactions of the H480, which even could be edited via exponential curves.
The H520 had all kinds of gimbal problems in my case, not so the H480.

Last edited:
Great video quality! How did you manage to not have these typical compression artefacts (pulsating of highly complex image details in the frequency of the video compression keyframe distance)?
Did you shoot in "unprocessed" mode? Did you use a lower video sharpness level?
These are my experiences using the H480 with CGO3+ over the last years. So I am very positively surprised of the overall video quality!
And: not to forget the video shots themselves are also very clean, smooth and cinematic.
(Clean and smooth are aspects that the H520 never really was able to accomplish... So the H480 in fact remained the better video shooting drone for complex turns and climbs or descends.)
Edit: Also the behaviour of the tilt lever was 100% perfect with the H480. The H520's tilt lever never reached any kind of good start/stop smoothness. The same applies to the much better yaw stick reactions of the H480, which even could be edited via exponential curves.
The H520 had all kinds of gimbal problems in my case, not so the H480.
As I've mentioned before elsewhere on this forum, for my recreation flights like the one above the only thing I actively set on my controller is the shutter speed (4K shooting in 'Natural'), in this case it was set to 1/1000. Other than post production editing and setting the shutter speed the rest is 'as is'. I think I must be just plain lucky to have a decent CGO3+

Of course, like any half decent video, the editing is important. I use Filmora 11.

I have no experience with the H520. No idea if it's better or worse than the H480, but I've heard mixed reviews

Looks great a lot of open space to operate and fly about in , which distribution centres are the
They are just outside of Rochdale near to Milnrow. Junction 21 of the M62 can bee seen in one part of the video.

Actually I find at this location the space is slightly restricted. If I want to really spread my wings, so to speak, there are better flying areas within a few miles: I only live within a ten minute drive of the Pennine moors where the scenery this time of year is awesome. I'll prolly be going up there next week (it'll be too hot tomorrow for me to fly)

Reactions: Pogues100
They are just outside of Rochdale near to Milnrow. Junction 21 of the M62 can bee seen in one part of the video.

Actually I find at this location the space is slightly restricted. If I want to really spread my wings, so to speak, there are better flying areas within a few miles: I only live within a ten minute drive of the Pennine moors where the scenery this time of year is awesome. I'll prolly be going up there next week (it'll be too hot tomorrow for me to fly)
I fly in north wales or out in Chester/ Cheshire, some great open spaces unrestricted areas

I fly in north wales or out in Chester/ Cheshire, some great open spaces unrestricted areas
I tend to do most of my flying in West Yorkshire or close to the West Yorkshire boarder in Lancashire. That is my stomping ground. I would love to do some flying in North Wales but without local knowledge it's difficult for me to find good areas to fly there. I have done a couple of flights on the Fylde coast near to Pilling though, after identifying a good location using Google Earth.

That sounds fantastic, I am grounded at the moment seem to spend more fixing and repairing THs I’ve built 3 from parts up to now and another one on the way which will some time to fish due my stroke I had 4 weeks ago which has damaged my right hand side, I have help building them from a reluctant relative lol
Mike
Liverpool

That sounds fantastic, I am grounded at the moment seem to spend more fixing and repairing THs I’ve built 3 from parts up to now and another one on the way which will some time to fish due my stroke I had 4 weeks ago which has damaged my right hand side, I have help building them from a reluctant relative lol
Mike
Liverpool
I had a stroke about two years ago so I know what you are going through. In the aftermath of that stroke it has grounded me for long periods of time, the latest being about 6 months returning to flying just last week. Indeed since my stroke I've only had 16 flight days,, hardly worth the expense of keeping up with my licence!

In my case it's my left side. All I can offer you is my hope that you will get better over time. I know you are going through a difficult time at the moment but things will improve. You may have set-backs but if you are anything like me things will improve enough to take to the air again as I have.

Thinking of you.

Thanks for mate for your support, I feel quite fortunate that it wasn’t a lot worse to be honest, just got to deal with the frustration that I feel when I carnt complete Tasks like using a screwdriver, sounds quite trivial I know feel like lashing through the window lol

A request if that is possible, I am after an Email link to download the GUI for Yuneec Typhoon h & and a link to update st 16 & latest firmware for Typhoon H,
If you have it I would appreciate it
Thanks
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval