Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

STEADY GRIP HACK

Reaction score
HI GUYS
Does anyone else feel that it would be useful to have a way of making the gimble on the steady grip
lock in one position giving the operator more control?
And I'm not taking just screwing with the initialization so you have even less control.
Maybe some one has already figured this out. If so please advise.
I've decided to try to design a hack for the grip.
If anyone can help Me Identify and source the four pin connectors on the cgo3 I could get started.

thanks
Roger D.

Good idea.
While you're in there, can you figure out a way to cleanly power the unit off an auto's 12v power? (Cig lighter)
I belong to an off road club, and it would be great to mount this thing to the dash. So I get less 'bouncy' vids.

HI GUYS
Does anyone else feel that it would be useful to have a way of making the gimble on the steady grip
And I'm not taking just screwing with the initialization so you have even less control.
If anyone can help Me Identify and source the four pin connectors on the cgo3 I could get started.

thanks
Roger D.
HI GUYS

thanks
Roger D.

Can someone tell me what the "Mode" button is for, on the top of the Steadygrip? I've checked and haven't been able to find out what it's purpose is, no reference to it.
I have a couple of the Steadygrips and this is the only one with the button. The one with the button is also the one I just happened to have converted to a LiPo battery and actually use. Thanks in advance for the help..

Hit the button and the light starts blinking. The camera then follows the Grip up and down. If it's NOT blinking, the camera tries to stay pointed semi level up and down. When it's NOT blinking, the wheel makes it go up and down.
Hope this makes sense....

Reactions: KramerMD
Hit the button and the light starts blinking. The camera then follows the Grip up and down. If it's NOT blinking, the camera tries to stay pointed semi level up and down. When it's NOT blinking, the wheel makes it go up and down.
Hope this makes sense....
Makes perfect sense, thanks for the Heads Up.

Can someone tell me what the "Mode" button is for, on the top of the Steadygrip? I've checked and haven't been able to find out what it's purpose is, no reference to it.
I have a couple of the Steadygrips and this is the only one with the button. The one with the button is also the one I just happened to have converted to a LiPo battery and actually use. Thanks in advance for the help..
I did this exact mod and only took 30 minutes.Works great! Plus it can be reverted back to stock as no parts are modified
Nicely done.
Here's what I did to my Steady Grip.
And it all fits in the battery area after removing the battery tray. After 2.5 hours I was still ready 12v. And there's enough room to have the voltage alarm in there.

View attachment 77 View attachment 78 View attachment 79
Nicely done.
Here's what I did to my Steady Grip.
And it all fits in the battery area after removing the battery tray. After 2.5 hours I was still ready 12v. And there's enough room to have the voltage alarm in there.

View attachment 77 View attachment 78 View attachment 79
I did the exact mod.It only took 1/2 hr. Works great! Plus it can easily be undone.Avoid charging multiple AA batteries for just a few minutes recording time. I charged this battery once a week ago and it's still running great

I'm assuming this voids any warranty claim on the steady grip? Yuneec offering any trade-ins + $$ for the one with the lithium ion battery from the factory? I haven't used mine yet but NiMh batteries aren't cheap and don't work as well as Lipos.

I got a no and no plan on doing a exchange on the steadygrip from Yuneek last week.. I went ahead and converted mine to the 3000ma Venom battery conversion and only took about half hour to properly solder and heat shrink the project. The steadygrips are going for $50 on ebay so the loss if something goes wrong is really not a big deal. Just waiting for the decent charger to show.

Reactions: z3roz
I got a no and no plan on doing a exchange on the steadygrip from Yuneek last week.. I went ahead and converted mine to the 3000ma Venom battery conversion and only took about half hour to properly solder and heat shrink the project. The steadygrips are going for $50 on ebay so the loss if something goes wrong is really not a big deal. Just waiting for the decent charger to show.

Good to know. I saw that acesdeals has some steady grips for $25 but they are listed for the CGO2.

I don't have a video. But here's where I got the idea. I just am using a bigger battery.

There's a couple pages on this topic, start at page one.

How to: Simple Lipo upgrade for the Steadygrip, tripple run time
In that thread they mention that leaving a LiPO alarm attached will run your battery flat and ruin it. With a little more work, you could connect the Lipo alarm to the switched power instead of straight to the battery which would disable the alarm when the grip is turned off. I'll have to check this out when if get mine....

I just notched the 'slide in battery cover' for the wires. The alarm is attached to the side via velcro. I store it inside when not using it. Works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval