Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stuck Gimbal

Reaction score
For the first time since using my Breeze, I encountered a stuck gimbal. While using the phone only as the controller, I could not pan the camera down. I landed the Breeze, and then physically moved it. I then was able to move it with the Breeze Cam app. I sent the Breeze back up and it worked fine. A short time later, I flew the Breeze using the Controller, and the same thing happened - the gimbal stuck. I brought it down, moved it manually, and then I was able to move it using the controller. It was fine after that.

Is there some maintenance I can perform to insure the smooth movement of the gimbal (oil or grease)? And is there some regular maintenance I should be performing?

If you remove the bottom cover you can access the gear for the camera gimbal. A very small application of a silicone grease to the gear teeth will reduce frictional wear.

I suspect you may have gotten a bit of dirt in the gear. If it happens again, open the cover and inspect the gear. You can even connect and actuate the gimbal with the cover off to aid in troubleshooting.

Yuneec did not publish any maintenance schedule.

@DoomMeister Thank you for your advice. I finally got around to opening up my Breeze and lubricated the gimbal gear. It seems to be working fine now. However, when I put the cover back on, the gimbal side did not snap into place like the battery side did. The gimbal side is clearly loose and I fear that it will fall off during my next flight. I found a video on Youtube that described how to remove the cover...in that video the poster had the same experience. He described it as the tabs on the gimbal side of the cover broke off. As I do not see any tabs, I suspect the same thing happened to me. Other than purchasing a new cover (which may no longer be available as the Breeze is being phased out), any suggestions for securing the cover? For now I will use tape. If that does not work, I may resort to glue.

I think the tape will be your best bet. The bottom cover can be found and is about $40. You could try using Classifieds on the forum to find someone willing to sell the bottom cover.

This raises a question: What is the proper way to remove the bottom cover to avoid breaking the tabs?

Start at the battery compartment and gently pry the cover loose as you head to the front of the Breeze. To reassemble, gently hook the front tabs and press together working toward the back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia