Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The effect of cold temperature H520 batteries

Reaction score
I took advantage of the clear bright weather today to give the bird an outing and to run the batteries down. I knew they wouldn't last as my weather station ( car dashboard ) was showing 2 degrees celsius, but surprised to get 7 minutes out of three and 6 out of one and 5 on the last one. This lead me to wonder, is there a chart or table regarding Li-Po batteries and their performance in cold climates?

Yes there are diagrams like that. Just type "LiPo battery temperature diagramm" into the search engine of your choice and you will find plenty of examples. However it will be hard to find a diagramm specific for Yuneec batteries.

Yes there are diagrams like that. Just type "LiPo battery temperature diagramm" into the search engine of your choice and you will find plenty of examples. However it will be hard to find a diagramm specific for Yuneec batteries.
I got quite a bit of good information from Battery University, they have a lot of info there. I was surprised by the times though as I keep battery in a warm envelope and topped up from the car heater, then are quite old so it may be time to do the conversion.

I got quite a bit of good information from Battery University, they have a lot of info there. I was surprised by the times though as I keep battery in a warm envelope and topped up from the car heater, then are quite old so it may be time to do the conversion.
The age will be an issue for sure. I have flown an H480 at -27 Celsius and got 15 to 20 minutes with new batteries, and 12 minutes roughly with older batteries at -22 Celsius

Reactions: Addison

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1