Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Time Lapse variation

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
The other day I was shooting some time lapse photos and I began to watch and listen to the pace of the counter counting down and then hearing the 'camera' sound and something wasn't adding up. I had the interval set for five (5) seconds but I was hearing the repeat much slower so I decided to run a test. Sure enough the five second interval is: 1] not five seconds and, 2] not always the same EVEN when shooting exactly the same scene. I found my five second interval was running between 7.1 and 7.2 seconds. This was with an output of JPG and DNG, so I am guessing the extra image is taking the extra time. Will run it again with only JPEG and see what if anything changes. Seven seconds ain't bad I just wish they could get it down to two or three.

YUN_0001.JPG

YUN_0002.JPG

YUN_0003.JPG

YUN_0004.JPG

YUN_0005.JPG

Reactions: AH-1G
Is this on the H + or 480? I’m guessing when I tried to get into the timelapse menu but couldn’t because I had my camera set to .DNG only, that there is another menu behind timelapse that allows you to select interval?

The other day I was shooting some time lapse photos and I began to watch and listen to the pace of the counter counting down and then hearing the 'camera' sound and something wasn't adding up. I had the interval set for five (5) seconds but I was hearing the repeat much slower so I decided to run a test. Sure enough the five second interval is: 1] not five seconds and, 2] not always the same EVEN when shooting exactly the same scene. I found my five second interval was running between 7.1 and 7.2 seconds. This was with an output of JPG and DNG, so I am guessing the extra image is taking the extra time. Will run it again with only JPEG and see what if anything changes. Seven seconds ain't bad I just wish they could get it down to two or three.

View attachment 13884

View attachment 13885

View attachment 13886

View attachment 13887

View attachment 13888
will check the exact time
2/3s interval with jpg is ok but double if can reach 2s with dng+jpg

Will check this today as well on both my h pluses. They need to provide the option for DNG, DNG +Jpeg, and JPEG. There is no reason a 4K 60 at 100Mbit camera shouldnt be able to write a 20mp RAW file to a high speed card in less than 1.5 seconds. Allowing it the ability to snap 3 second intervals. I am curious to know if the signal for the interval is coming from the controller and not handled by the camera itself when set to interval captures. If it is coming from the controller, this will explain the ability to not maintain consistent timing.

Doing some simple math and comparing gives some reasoning as to why we see this delay.

When I shoot video at maximum resolution, the resulting video files are running right at 450 megs a minute, or roughly 7.5 megs a second.

When I shoot a single photo as a 'DNG + JPEG' I get one JPEG at around 10 megs and one raw DNG at around 40 megs for a total of 50 megs. As we see above, its top speed between intervals is about 7.1 seconds.

When you multiply the average maxed out video file (per second) by the delay we see - 7.5 x 7.1 = 53.25 - you get the same average file size - around 50 megs.

Reactions: LinsonW and AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie