Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tornado gimbal electric pinout

Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering if anyone does know the electric pinout for the gimbal of the H920 (CGO4). I want to use the potentiometer that controls the horizontal or the vertical rotation to control a servo or two relays attached to the drone.

I believe that is a PWM signal. I'm not sure there is any good method of utilizing it but perhaps someone has made an attempt.

Reactions: angelofratila
I have an oscilloscope, so I could see what kind of frequency it uses. But I needed the grounding wire, so I can read the signal.

There are 8 servo type pinouts on the H920 FCU, it only uses 6 of them for the rotors. You could use the other two from the transmitter to operate two servos directly.

You can go into the TX menu to program them to mix in with the pan/tilt controls.

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_20190602_125207.jpg
    IMG_20190602_125207.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 37
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: angelofratila
Now this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much for the info!
There are 8 servo type pinouts on the H920 FCU, it only uses 6 of them for the rotors. You could use the other two from the transmitter to operate two servos directly.

You can go into the TX menu to program them to mix in with the pan/tilt controls.

Regards,

Update:
I set up the channel to use the M8 servo channel with the 3 position tilt switch( -100% 0 100%).
Took the drone apart, connected a servo straight to the M8(A8), nothing happened.
I connected an oscilloscope to see that I have one grounding wire, one constant 5V wire and one pwm (attached).
My problem so far, is that no matter how I flick the switch, the pwm doesn't seem to change. I tried also the M7(A7) and M4(A4) that uses the tilt potentiometer but the signal is exactly the same.
I also tried it with the rotors connected, because I was getting a red blinking but it made no difference.20191108_184745.jpegdrona.jpeg20191108_175925.jpeg20191108_185108.jpeg20191108_185037.jpeg

Where did you connect the servo on the H920's FCU? And what kind of servo did you use?
I want to do the same thing, but II want to use the gimbal connector. I measured the pin-s voltages, and í can modify two of them by the controller (ST24). The pitch and the roll pins' voltage can be adjusted by the left potentiometers, depending on the S1 and S2 switches. The voltage can be continouesly modified between 1,2 and 2,5 V.

Update:
I set up the channel to use the M8 servo channel with the 3 position tilt switch( -100% 0 100%).
Took the drone apart, connected a servo straight to the M8(A8), nothing happened.
I connected an oscilloscope to see that I have one grounding wire, one constant 5V wire and one pwm (attached).
My problem so far, is that no matter how I flick the switch, the pwm doesn't seem to change. I tried also the M7(A7) and M4(A4) that uses the tilt potentiometer but the signal is exactly the same.
I also tried it with the rotors connected, because I was getting a red blinking but it made no difference.

Reactions: Steve Carr
May I ask for a schematic diagram of the 920 connector with signals? Is connector the same in 920+?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz