Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPHOON H HAWAIIAN TRADE WINDS TESTED!

Reaction score
I haven't been in here for a few months. Got back from our annual Hawaii trek and happy to report the H performed so much better than my Q500 in the fast trade winds. (Gusted up to 35 mph!) That poor thing kept being swept away when trying to fly even moderate breeze conditions.(18 mph) I think I spent 7 days of the 10 days were there flying!

As usual locals were very receptive to the "drone" and not one person bugged me. A couple of park rangers were even watching me. Since I was flying mostly over water, they couldn't really cite me for any "park" violations. Here are a few short vids I made for my Instagram and Youtube channels as teasers. I have longer ones coming soon. Enjoy.

I captured a sea turtle following some surfers paddling out! Top left hand corner of screen!

Very nice work! Just what I neede to see in December. :D

What kind of polarizes/ND filters were you using?

Good work. Did you see the Sea Turtle in one of those videos? I did.

Reactions: James (Randy) Smith
Great shot of that sea turtle in the end of the second and in the third video. I'm so jealous.

Thanks man! I got some whale footage too all by luck! I didn't even know the turtle was there until I started editing!

I was lucky enough to swim with the turtles when I was in Maui. must of been about a dozen of them. no whales though but then again I wasn't in deep enough water for them!

I was lucky enough to swim with the turtles when I was in Maui. must of been about a dozen of them. no whales though but then again I wasn't in deep enough water for them!

I have some whale footage editing soon.

The winds were similar in velocity but, remember I was in Hawaii. No wetness and or fog and I was flying high over the ocean. I stayed away from any trees or mountains. Also the trade winds I was dealing with were a steady speed and altitude. The H did not bob around or show any distress. It was just tilted at a slight angle when I flew it directly against the wind or while hovering. Winds were gusting between 25-35 mph according to my cell phone app.

I had similar conditions down on the Texas Gulf Coast.
My H was rock steady the whole time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements