Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus Battery Mod

Reaction score
Website
daytonadrone.com
Looking at a previously sold Typhoon H spec's, the seller lists a battery mod so the A/C can use generic lipo 4s batteries. I have searched far and wide (duckandgo) no Google for me and can't find any referance to this modification. The seller appears to be gone from this board, is there anyone else flying a Plus with this mod, I guess it could be as easy as adding a XT60 connector and wire to the current battery terminals but if someone else has done this and been using it , some info would be helpful. This is a out of warranty unit and mods will be done
edit this is in reference to a H Plus I think the first sentence misleads because it says typhoon H and not H +

Last edited:
Stickied, at the top of the Typhoon H "How To" sub-forum

Battery Adapter - Typhoon H

Process should be no different for the H+/520/H3 batteries, but you may need HV LiPo cells, so the battery indicators on the ST-16S show an accurate level.

@jensenjim
I know the member that did the modification and will see if he will contact you via PM here. I personally flew the H+ both before and after the modification.

Reactions: davemh
@jensenjim, @DoomMeister
I am one of perhaps others that have done the mod successfully as mentioned by DoomMeister above.
Unfortunately (at times) I do not own the H any longer. Not the battery mod had anything to do with the sale.
I do miss the H at times.
Feel free to reach out if you like, I am rarely on this forum these days.

Reactions: AussieCate
Can you share the mod and what you learned?
I got a google group link I didn't join just grabbed the pictures will update when I do the mod

Attachments

• 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    479 KB · Views: 23
  • 37.JPG
    37.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    503.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 27
I've seen a pre made setup on ebay. I think they're about $30 or so & have everything you need except the battery.

This? This is for H not H plus

I have no knowledge of this seller and have not purchased this item... so the following should not be taken as an endorsement whatsoever.

OK, now that that's out of the way... If you actually scroll further down the page on this listing, the seller specifically references a LiHV battery that will fit his mod. Those should be usable in a TH Plus/H3/H520.

One question I have about this seller, is the claim that this setup will not work without making the additional purchase of his GPS adapter. While it may be accurate, I do not remember seeing a reference in @PatR's thread on the battery conversion that I linked in my previous post, of a GPS modification being necessary.

I have no knowledge of this seller and have not purchased this item... so the following should not be taken as an endorsement whatsoever.

OK, now that that's out of the way... If you actually scroll further down the page on this listing, the seller specifically references a LiHV battery that will fit his mod. Those should be usable in a TH Plus/H3/H520.

One question I have about this seller, is the claim that this setup will not work without making the additional purchase of his GPS adapter. While it may be accurate, I do not remember seeing a reference in @PatR's thread on the battery conversion that I linked in my previous post, of a GPS modification being necessary.

I see this adapter in the photos I uploaded #38. I dont know why #37 is there and what #38 means. Also I never looked at pat's mod info so I still have some reading to do. The ebay listing, I didn't realize it was a book, will have to dig into that also. All in all I have no problem purchasing the kit and gps adapter. This seller provides alot of information and for me it's worth supporting with a purchase if it works.
The yuncee battery situation is weak, chargers & battery prices needs to be rectified , of course there are other issues like payload but for me right now having such an investment in batteries seems crazy, they are expendables. But what I will run into is every 520e I work with will be stuck with using yuncee batteries because of warranty, I guess it's just the cost of doing business but I dont have to agree with it. I'm in the learning phase of the Yuncee product line so I really dont know yet but I'll get there.

Last edited:
So again, is it necessary or just an upsell?

No, I do not want fries with that... if I did, I would have F'n asked for them.

The addition of the GPS adapter had been done before the battery mod, that the photos were posted of, had ever been made. The person that sells the GPS mod also sells his own version of a battery mod. The mod done by @davemh on his H+ he had at that time allowed use of either OEM or standard LiHV or LiPo packs.

The GPS mod was to help alleviate interference, but that small amount seems negligible in my opinion. Better shielding of the GPS board would be more effective as it is the magnetometer that is really affected by the current flowing in the wiring from the battery mod.

Reactions: Dirtdigger2
I was about to pull the trigger and purchase the ebay kit now I will have to read some more, a good new post would be best, I want to just trust the ebay guy but I want to do this the best way that has a proven track record. If you are deciding about this option and pick a solution let me know an I will copy. I also have a bunch of 3d printers if needed to make parts for the conversion. I didn't realize there were other posts on the conversion on this forum, I did a search and didn't find the other 2 you refer to. I would need to read their information now
I have a couple days before my h+ arrives so it's not a hurry decision. I am also writing flight rules for my start-up

Reactions: AussieCate
Like your eBay seller, he sells the units... he simply designed this before the individual on eBay. Whether or not he will sell the STL files will have to be discussed with him, perhaps in a conversation. You should contact him.

Any updates? I reached out to the E-bay guy. I have an H+. The GPS adaptor seems to be an easy install. Biggest concern is connector for the adaptor to an H+ vs H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me