Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon zh battery vs ztyphoon H plus

It will, but because the H battery operates at a lower voltage, the percentage readings on the aircraft as shown on the controller, will be off... as well your flight times will be shorter.

It will, but because the H battery operates at a lower voltage, the percentage readings on the aircraft as shown on the controller, will be off... as well your flight times will be shorter.
Thank you. I've been looking at chargers and they mention the h+ and h520, but didn't mention the h pro. Again thank you.

Depending on the charger you select, it may not have the capability of charging more than one battery type.

Depending on the charger you select, it may not have the capability of charging more than one battery type.
Thank you. I was looking at the Venom that charges up to 4 batteries at once. I have 2h pros but not certain if the venom charger will charge those properly since it is designed for the h plus and h520 batteries that are higher voltage. Thanks for your reply.

No, that charger is a "dedicated" charger that is designed for that single type of battery.

If you want simple you can go with that, but:

Pros:

As you mentioned, simple to use... pretty much plug-n-play.
Capacity, can charge 4 batteries simultaneously.

Cons:

Very expensive... you can purchase 2 Morpilot DY-3s for less,
have the same capacity, each charging 2 batteries... however if one ever goes out, you have a built-in backup with the second one.

Flexibility... dedicated to one type of battery... if you as an example, choose at a later time to move up say to an H Plus... this charger will not charge the Plus batteries.

Provides an incomplete picture of the health of your batteries. Does not provide any information regarding the internal resistance of your batteries. IR = heat produced during both use and charging. Easily measuring IR is the most effective way to know when your batteries are starting to show stress.

The best solution to the Cons above, is to use a charger that is not dedicated to Yuneec batteries exclusively. Many pilots, including myself have gone with the Hitec series of chargers. It does require the use of a 3rd party charging cable, which are available in both Typhoon H and H Plus flavors.

It is not a much greater investment for this setup either, with the Hitec X2 AC Plus charger only running about $120

Hitec X2 AC Plus Black

Adapter cables for the Typhoon H can be found here for $10

Typhoon H Battery Cable

Cables for the Plus are here for $20

H Plus Battery Cable

Reactions: PatR
No, that charger is a "dedicated" charger that is designed for that single type of battery.

If you want simple you can go with that, but:

Pros:

As you mentioned, simple to use... pretty much plug-n-play.
Capacity, can charge 4 batteries simultaneously.

Cons:

Very expensive... you can purchase 2 Morpilot DY-3s for less,
have the same capacity, each charging 2 batteries... however if one ever goes out, you have a built-in backup with the second one.

Flexibility... dedicated to one type of battery... if you as an example, choose at a later time to move up say to an H Plus... this charger will not charge the Plus batteries.

Provides an incomplete picture of the health of your batteries. Does not provide any information regarding the internal resistance of your batteries. IR = heat produced during both use and charging. Easily measuring IR is the most effective way to know when your batteries are starting to show stress.

The best solution to the Cons above, is to use a charger that is not dedicated to Yuneec batteries exclusively. Many pilots, including myself have gone with the Hitec series of chargers. It does require the use of a 3rd party charging cable, which are available in both Typhoon H and H Plus flavors.

It is not a much greater investment for this setup either, with the Hitec X2 AC Plus charger only running about $120

Hitec X2 AC Plus Black

Adapter cables for the Typhoon H can be found here for $10

Typhoon H Battery Cable

Cables for the Plus are here for $20

H Plus Battery Cable
Thanks Cablejohn. You brought up some good points. I have the Hitec charger you mentioned and some of the cable adapters as i have 2 typhoon h pro's Q500 and a chroma. I also have 2 Yuneec A10 chargers that came with my Tornadoes. Apparently the typhoon adapters will also work on the typhoon plus and h 520 batteries also add long as the voltage is set properly. The points you have raised will make me consider using the chargers I have instead of adding the venom charger. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vito