Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAS: The FAA Tightens the Screws

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
In a story titled:
UAS: The FAA Tightens the Screws
Plane-ly Spoken
March 14, 2019 by Mark E. McKinnon

UAS operators will be facing greater oversight and inspections from local Flight Standards District Offices (FSDO) under a new National Policy recently issued by the FAA. The document requires all FSDOs to immediately update their 2019 National Work Program Guidelines to include new Required Surveillance Work Activities. (click the link below for the FULL story)

Reactions: Ty Pilot and AH-1G
Very good news, and not a minute too soon.

I completely agree and hope they follow through with it and this isn't just "lip service"....

It would only take a few incidents where the FAA places a fine, a suspension or an arrest of a rouge pilot, to get people to 'wake up' and take flying these things seriously.

Exactly!! With just a little bit of effort by the FAA we very well could see a potentially different sUAS industry going forward. As it is now, the dog has no teeth so why bother following the rules (not MY Mantra).

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Close reading of this memo indicates that it is really about how to document and what level/number of incidents it takes to trigger the new documentation procedure. I suppose that means that enforcement will be increased, but this looks to me to be more of a procedure rather than a change in policy.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval