Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox

I've had a few queries, and I'm not sure where the problem lies at the moment.

I must be clear - UAV Toolbox does not officially support the H3 - so anyone trying to fly CCC routes on the H3 is likely to encounter problems. I don't have access to a H3, so I have no means to test or debug flights on that drone.

For the H Plus, I've asked a number of times for users to send a copy of missions that have failed for them, so I can take a look and see if I can see where the error lies. I've not received any files yet, so it's difficult for me to debug. It would also help if you could report the version of software for both the ST-16 and H Plus flight controller. This is one of those frustrating things where I've not been able to reproduce the problems users are encountering. I'd be very pleased to identify the source of the error, but this is a rather odd bug that's proving hard to identify.

SUCCESSS!!!
(This is for an H+ and a ST16S)
I was looking at the ccc information. I noticed on the CCC paths I created through UAV Toolbox the altitude was AGL. BUT when I created one with the drone in flight, and then reviewed it with UAV Tool Box, the altitude was MSL.

So I created one from scratch using UAV Tool Box, set the altitude to field elevation +100' and it worked like a champ!!

Last edited:
SUCCESSS!!!
(This is for an H+ and a ST16S)
I was looking at the ccc information. I noticed on the CCC paths I created through UAV Toolbox the altitude was AGL. BUT when I created one with the drone in flight, and then reviewed it with UAV Tool Box, the altitude was MSL.

So I created one from scratch using UAV Tool Box, set the altitude to field elevation +100' and it worked like a champ!!
Good job Trav!!!

here is the confirmation with H3 of what Trav discovered. The picture CCC-route_with H3 reveals as flight altitude ~360m, this is above sea level or MSL. The picture CCC-route_with UAV Toolbox has altitude values AGL. The H3 interpretes these relative AGL altitudes as absolute MSL altitudes and hence initiates a descend to go down to reach the MSL altitude of waypoint one.

Attachments

• CCC-route_with H3.jpg
    CCC-route_with H3.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 15
  • CCC-route with UAV-Toolbox.jpg
    CCC-route with UAV-Toolbox.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 15
Just guessing the CCC route gets the altitude information from Google maps. Toolbox uses the takeoff location as zero alt.

Can anyone confirm for mr that the Data Pilot / UAV toolbox mapping as shown in the video will work with a standard H480? I only see HPlus discussed here and in the video, but it says 480 in the title of the video? I know everyone has moved on to the H Plus, but I am still making my H 480 do things it shouldn't.

Can anyone confirm for mr that the Data Pilot / UAV toolbox mapping as shown in the video will work with a standard H480? I only see HPlus discussed here and in the video, but it says 480 in the title of the video? I know everyone has moved on to the H Plus, but I am still making my H 480 do things it shouldn't.
I have used the desktop DataPilot to create a mission and then use UAV Toolbox to convert it to CCC mission. So yes this does work with the H480.

HEY GUYS! Super excited, I flew my first grid mission w/my H480 using data pilot and UAV toolbox. This is a game-changer for me. I do have one question, when I lay out my grid in data pilot, it does not give me an option for speed. I like slow, slow is good for a rolling shutter, but it was SUPER SLOW. I had it at 1-second interval on the camera, and I ended up with 1200 images, 400 would have done nicely. How can I speed this up? Is it the rabbit slider or the left stick? I never really used CCC mode, I always used the 920 waypoints "hack" so I am a bit lacking. Is there any way to consistently set the speed of the ccc path using Data Pilot to create the CCC path?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Not sure about the camera position but the throttle controls the speed. So you can slow down by pulling the stick back in increments. In fact you can reverse the route and fly it backwards using the throttle.

Another larger successful mission using Data Pilot. @Tuna , you are Fu----- Awesome sir. It appears that the import from Data Pilot does carry over the camera angle data to UAV toolbox and then into CCC. In UAV toolbox, it carried over 90 degrees into the CCC, Is there any way to edit multiple points or select all points in uav toolbox (for instance if I needed all the points changed to 45 degrees instead of 90 Degrees). The only way I could figure out was to change each point individually. Hard to do on the small screen for 80+ points in UAV toolbox..

Last edited by a moderator:
A belated Happy New Year to everyone.

Now we're looking at 2022, CES has come and gone, and there's the prospect of better flying conditions in the year ahead.

In previous years. we've had the excitement of new models to look forward to, but things are looking decidedly quiet at the moment - does anyone have any news, thoughts, expectations for 2022?
Will UAV Tools come for the H3 too or is my investment totally useless ??

Have you tried using UAV Toolbox on the H3? It is basically the H+ with a different camera (although the same sensor as the C23/E90). I believe you are able to make and use CCC missions on the H3 and quite certain they are the same as for the H+.

Hi Guys, Thanks for your awesome debugging on this - the MSL problem with CCC routes has been a pain to identify, as I live at a location with an altitude of 1.2m - yes, we're 80 miles from the sea, but only four feet above it!

The workaround sounds sensible, but ideally I need to be able to offer a solution that automates the calculation. My job now is to see if I can find a robust source of elevation data for all flights.

Whilst I'm continuing to support the H480, H+ and H520 with UAV Toolbox, there appear to be relatively few H3 users to warrant testing the app with the newer machine. It should be possible to try it out though - I have not yet had confirmation if it correctly picks up telemetry, media and flight plans, but it does those non-invasively, so should be safe to attempt on a new machine. Testing out CCC is more risky though, as it writes data to Yuneec's own file areas, and (as people have found) incorrect CCC files can have unpredictable effects. If you are a confident and careful pilot, and have experience testing software, I'd be glad to hear of your experience.

Is there a UAV Toolbox for H920+?

• Create a new model as H920,
  • Give it a good name,
  • Export the model,
  • Change line "type,401" in "type,403" in manifest.csv,
  • Import the edited model and bind that one.

You will get the H920+ app and typhoon H is able to use real waypoints, not CCC.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval