Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox

Reaction score
I've had a few queries, and I'm not sure where the problem lies at the moment.

I must be clear - UAV Toolbox does not officially support the H3 - so anyone trying to fly CCC routes on the H3 is likely to encounter problems. I don't have access to a H3, so I have no means to test or debug flights on that drone.

For the H Plus, I've asked a number of times for users to send a copy of missions that have failed for them, so I can take a look and see if I can see where the error lies. I've not received any files yet, so it's difficult for me to debug. It would also help if you could report the version of software for both the ST-16 and H Plus flight controller. This is one of those frustrating things where I've not been able to reproduce the problems users are encountering. I'd be very pleased to identify the source of the error, but this is a rather odd bug that's proving hard to identify.

Reaction score
SUCCESSS!!!
(This is for an H+ and a ST16S)
I was looking at the ccc information. I noticed on the CCC paths I created through UAV Toolbox the altitude was AGL. BUT when I created one with the drone in flight, and then reviewed it with UAV Tool Box, the altitude was MSL.

So I created one from scratch using UAV Tool Box, set the altitude to field elevation +100' and it worked like a champ!!

Last edited:

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
SUCCESSS!!!
(This is for an H+ and a ST16S)
I was looking at the ccc information. I noticed on the CCC paths I created through UAV Toolbox the altitude was AGL. BUT when I created one with the drone in flight, and then reviewed it with UAV Tool Box, the altitude was MSL.

So I created one from scratch using UAV Tool Box, set the altitude to field elevation +100' and it worked like a champ!!
Good job Trav!!!

zebulon

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
here is the confirmation with H3 of what Trav discovered. The picture CCC-route_with H3 reveals as flight altitude ~360m, this is above sea level or MSL. The picture CCC-route_with UAV Toolbox has altitude values AGL. The H3 interpretes these relative AGL altitudes as absolute MSL altitudes and hence initiates a descend to go down to reach the MSL altitude of waypoint one.

Attachments

• CCC-route_with H3.jpg
    CCC-route_with H3.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 4
  • CCC-route with UAV-Toolbox.jpg
    CCC-route with UAV-Toolbox.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 4

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Just guessing the CCC route gets the altitude information from Google maps. Toolbox uses the takeoff location as zero alt.

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm for mr that the Data Pilot / UAV toolbox mapping as shown in the video will work with a standard H480? I only see HPlus discussed here and in the video, but it says 480 in the title of the video? I know everyone has moved on to the H Plus, but I am still making my H 480 do things it shouldn't.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm for mr that the Data Pilot / UAV toolbox mapping as shown in the video will work with a standard H480? I only see HPlus discussed here and in the video, but it says 480 in the title of the video? I know everyone has moved on to the H Plus, but I am still making my H 480 do things it shouldn't.
I have used the desktop DataPilot to create a mission and then use UAV Toolbox to convert it to CCC mission. So yes this does work with the H480.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Griggsrj