Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Upgrades

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking into the potential of various upgrades.

Is the following Dual Battery Charger much good.....how quickly does it charge a battery compared to the charge the H is supplied with?
Yuneec A10 200W Dual Battery Charger for Typhoon H

Is the following Range Extender truly compatible with the ST16(2 external antenna)....I do not have the ST16+.
So is it plug and play as such? as I have read articles on range extenders for the ST16 that says you need to make a hole and connect the hidden antenna to the extender....which ideally I do not want to do.
4Hawks Raptor SR Range Extender for Yuneec Typhoon H

What actual benefit does the Lume Cube Kit on Hobby Mounts actually provide.....I mean that is the point of it?

Cheers.

Mike

Charging a battery quicker is not really a thing. The better charger in theory is regulating and balancing properly and allows the user to select the input voltage relative to battery size and specifications. So if the battery allows for higher charge rates (3C for example on a 1000mah battery would let you input 3000mah and get a quicker charge because you are pushing in 3x the voltage) then yes you can see quicker charge times. This comes at a cost though as it’s well excepted that using rates over 1C can more quickly reduce capacitance and battery life. If you want to “fill” a battery you are actually better off cutting the number in half or even half again (1500mah on the 6000mah power 4) to slow charge. I often charge at 6000 then when I see its at 14.80 and showing under 2 amps going in, stop and restart at half C rating to finish charging and balancing.
But the real reason to have a better charger is to discharge and store batteries and that takes time on a full battery. Battery charging and maintenance becomes a chore if you fly regularly and requires your attention if you are not going to fly for multiple days. If you always recharge post flight but then don’t fly for a few days, the more cycles of charging done, the more it needs “topping” off and the less battery life you’ll get.

Unlike an RC plane where it’s at an airfield and scheduled flying time, the spontaneous nature of the multi rotor makes battery charging and discharging a more difficult decision.
Btw, the stock charger does a decent job of balancing and is great for taking on the road or keeping at a second spot so don’t get rid of it.

I’m willing to bet many here will recommend third party chargers from more reputable companies then the Yuneec charger you are asking about. I love my HiTec dual charger and I can charge any battery with it including the St 16 LiOn battery which is a weird battery since it’s a high volume single cell.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772