Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Very strange controls and almost flyaway Help !!!

Reaction score
I am at a loss as to what is going on now with this bird . I have mode two selected , did a good compass calibration and got a good binding .

Took the bird up and when I hit the right joystick to go forward the bird starting climbing and going up at the same time .. when I moved it backwards it start descending and moving backwards . The left joystick made it climb and descend somewhat like normal .

I landed re did the bond proceeds and even thought I had the wrong mode selected . But no matter what mode the right stick wants to make the bird climb fast as it moves forward ..

Almost lost the bird and when I tried to land it tried to tip over becuse it wants to move backwards while landing .

This was a refurbish bird from yuneec so if I can’t figure it out I will have to see about getting it exchanged

Look at the hardware monitor and see if everything is performing properly. You may need to do a Calibration.

Also if you’re trying to land and you’re have to use Right stick it will be very hard to avoid a tilt over.

Look at the hardware monitor and see if everything is performing properly. You may need to do a Calibration.

Also if you’re trying to land and you’re have to use Right stick it will be very hard to avoid a tilt over.
Checked the hardware monitor and all seemed okay . Tried selecting mode 2 again and then rebind and still the problem was there .

I ended up doing a factory reset on the ST16 . I think somehow in the screen where you can adjust the rates for controls it some how bound j3 to the thrust.

I checked it briefly in the front yard and seem to have cure that problem . I still notice that J1 must have some noise on it becuse even at center I can hear the motors briefly Reving up and the bird goes up a bit . I adjusted the curve on j1 to give a little dead zone on the stick .

Will have to go get some contact cleaner on Friday .

It starting doing the little tilt and hop hop hop thing when I landed so I quickly hit the kill switch .

This bird seems to take a bit to tweak it to fly perfect but I do like the bird .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumatiserco