Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

West Michigan - Grand Haven/Muskegon/Grand Rapids

Reaction score
Must be some more unique Yuneec flyers out there. I've bumped into a couple of DJI flyers but what about you guys/gals with Typhoon H, Q500, Mantis or Breeze?
I'm in Spring Lake (Grand Haven area) and fly the Typhoon H Pro and Q500 4k. Also, I have been an RC sailplane flyer for 40+ years. Like to take the drones out to Lake Michigan, to fly from my boat, get great wildlife and scenery on the Grand River and its bayous. I'm hoping there are many new and different ways to use our UAV's than always flying alone (which is still fun).

Danny J - Spring Lake, MI

Reactions: Russell Smith
Beautiful area out your way Danny! Our last trip to the west coast of the mitten was about 25 years ago. Lake Huron and the St Clair river are a lot closer.

Must be some more unique Yuneec flyers out there. I've bumped into a couple of DJI flyers but what about you guys/gals with Typhoon H, Q500, Mantis or Breeze?
I'm in Spring Lake (Grand Haven area) and fly the Typhoon H Pro and Q500 4k. Also, I have been an RC sailplane flyer for 40+ years. Like to take the drones out to Lake Michigan, to fly from my boat, get great wildlife and scenery on the Grand River and its bayous. I'm hoping there are many new and different ways to use our UAV's than always flying alone (which is still fun).

Grand

Wyoming Michigan here... for about 6 years Yuneec now... H480 plus 2 original Q500's...

In Muskegon, MI all my life, Typhoon H Pro, Breeze, and Cheerson CX20 along with many helis, planes, and smaller drones. Currently building a new 450 size MD500E based off the Roban fuselage, using an Align 3S 450L Dominator with the addition of a 5 blade rotor head and RC Aerodyne scale semi symmetrical blades. I've currently designed new landing gear, skid lights, and a new tail with integrated strobe. All 3D printed housings for the nav lights. Still debating on either an IKON 2 or BeastX flybarless system. Leaning toward IKON at the moment.

Greg

Reactions: 7cyclops
Your in some beautiful country over there.
I’m in the Plymouth/Canton/Northville area.

Hi Danny,

I'm in Grand Rapids using a Typhoon H Pro bundle, but my be selling everything soon. I also hav an extra CG03 camera.

Ray

Hey all, John here, just south of Flint in Fenton. I'm starting with a typhoon H, doing solar work. Good to meet you all!

Hey all, John here, just south of Flint in Fenton. I'm starting with a typhoon H, doing solar work. Good to meet you all!
You are the closest so far. I’m in Genesee. Maybe we can meet up this summer if this pandemic crap ever ends.

Dude lol no way ! That's a strange small world coincidence. I'm anticipating by May we'll be in "Use Good Judgement" mode, instead of "Shelter in Place". I want to say thanks, and you've proven my faith in Michigan hospitality! I'd be happy to buy you lunch just as a thanks for all the help. And to continue the weird coincidences, SlientR9 lives close to Syracuse, where my daughter goes to school. So I'm just starting to train myself in UAV Toolbox - bought a copy and DL'd it, now to try it out.

Hi,Wow lots of Michiganders here.I'm in Freesoil,Grant township,on my own little piece of paradise.We are in the Federal park area,land aplenty. I am currently clearing a few acres so I can fly without hitting a tree or ladder etc. Not a fancy flier just an old fart who tries diligently to remember what He learns on here. Live half way between Ludington and Manistee. Currently fly the H pro the Q500+ and 5 other non-mentionables. We sure know how to have fun. Just retired,don't know how I ever found time to work? You are in a really cool forum Peace Keith C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval