Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What could this mean?

Let me guess! You are tossing all your old ST16 controllers because you have finally written UAV Toolbox for the Plus? No Way! UAV Toolbox for the Plus?? ? Now there is an answer to prayers! Thank you Tuna!! You are the man! When can we download it????

Reactions: Grumpy and davemh
Toolbox for the H+?

Will you please take my money now.......

Lol.... guys, I was just trying to tell you I need to oil my kitchen work tops. Someone must have left those controllers in the way ;)

Anyway, don't hold your breath, there's a bit of work to do yet and I don't want to make any rash promises.

Been way to quiet sence mid Aug. Time for an update and some new info to hang our drones on. Please

Hmm.. I see what you are going to do here. Here are my (st)16 guesses:

1) Study how the ST16 and Yuneec's flight app drives the SR24 module via UART (two ways of doing it, depending if you are a software or hardware guy)
1½) Get rid of the Yuneec's Android
2) Make the ST16 run Linux
3) Make the TH run PX4 (I can help you with this one: Typhoon H 480 PX4 v1.10 (Stability issues ;-))
4) Make it run QGroundcontrol instead of Yuneec's flight app
5) Find out how the joysticks are connected (external ADC, external MCU via UART, or GPIO pin of the Atom SOC?)
6) Read the joysticks via MCU/SOC's ADC and make them appear as a game controller on Linux
7) Write a small middleware (if required) to transmit Mavlink packages from the QGroundcontrol over the SR24 so that you can fly a PX4 -driven TH 480 over Mavlink commands while transmitting telemetry back instead of Yuneecs protocol (few implementations are around to use the ST16 fly anything, I do have my own too, but we (or I) want more!)
8) Using GStreamer, VLC or another video streaming solution of your choice, get the video stream from the CGO3+. Write a nice (python?) UI to control the CGO3+ over its REST api.
9) Get a Sony RX0 or Pocket Cinema
10) Modify the RX0 to accept MFT lenses
11) Gimbalize it. Yuneec's small gimbal is fine as long as you are not flying it during winter time (it runs on MPU 6050 IMU which does not like cold)
12) Transmit this control data over the Mavlink
13) Relay the data from Typhoon to the camera of your choice (I can help you at least with this one ;-)
14) Stream camera stream back to the ST16 using appropriate WiFi booster/streamer. Yuneec's MK58 is OK'ish but a stock ST16 can't receive video from it. ST24 can, but it is binary incompatible with the ST16 so no flight apps from it will work. (Mediatek ARM SOC on ST24 vs Intel Atom on ST16). But as we are running Linux now instead of proprietary implementation, this is not a problem anymore. ;-)
15) Go flying and exceed any specifications of any Yuneec's camera hardware. The TH was meant to be an extendable platform with interchangeable cameras, was it? ;-)
16) Document and release your implementation on GitHub. ;-)

I am going to do some of the steps above but as you are into the ST16, I was wondering if you are already doing something of these... ;-)

Reactions: davemh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss