Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the furthest you've flown with your Yuneec (un-modified) ?

Just got the q509 4k always had dji pH 4 etc and nodded antennas asap, pity the tech inside not in yuneec birds , not done much yet the two batteries I got with q500 are swelled bad and critical battery as soon as take off coming up , hope drone is OK , I swapped very expensive detector for it . getting new 6500mah batteries in a week be going well away from city so will get a max flight and post it .

Just got the q509 4k always had dji pH 4 etc and nodded antennas asap, pity the tech inside not in yuneec birds , not done much yet the two batteries I got with q500 are swelled bad and critical battery as soon as take off coming up , hope drone is OK , I swapped very expensive detector for it . getting new 6500mah batteries in a week be going well away from city so will get a max flight and post it .

I don’t understand why someone so enamored with the Phantom 4 would get rid of it and replace it with the Q500 that was not designed to have the same “required” operational range.

Most people read the specs for a piece of equipment before buying it and not just take the seller’s word for capabilities. I can tell you now that without modded antennas you will not get anywhere near the supposed range you were getting with your Phantom.

I don’t know the rules for UAV in Australia, but most other places in the world if you can’t see it you are breaking the law. Flying via the video feed is not VLOS flight and the only way a Q500 will be naked eye visible at 2km away is with a strobe light on it.

Every time I see a post with how far can you fly I say here we go again. More long distance cowboys that have no clue about laws or think they are above the law. And then they wonder why the governments are getting tougher on UAV's

Did you use the ITve Board to mod ? I had exp dji only got yuneec now am bit down such nice gear can't get 4klm safe without risk of fly always . not a true pro set up .

You thought for $500 you were getting a pro set-up? And no, you don't get fly aways losing signal with a Yuneec product. You trigger a RTH function that nicely returns your "hobbyist" quad back to you.

• Haha
Reactions: 5prock3t
M
You thought for $500 you were getting a pro set-up? And no, you don't get fly aways losing signal with a Yuneec product. You trigger a RTH function that nicely returns your "hobbyist" quad back to you.

My Q500 lost signal and just flew away...thats how/why I joined this forum. And there are plenty posts about this.
I got no RTH when mine happened. *shrug*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital