Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where to fly near Disneyland

vBH

Reaction score
I live in a no-fly zone near Disneyland and I'm looking for a good place to fly my Typhoon H and Q500 4k. I live near the 91 fwy and Raymond offramp. I've been flying all of my smaller drones in the house and ready to go for my first flights on my new drones.

Does anyone live near me that has a good place to fly just outside the Disneyland no-fly zone?

Join the AMA and then join a local AMA-chartered club. This will allow you to fly at their field. Alternatively, get Part 107 certified and use what you learned to pass the 107 exam to figure out other legal places to fly.

Can you be a little more specific as to your location? I'll take a look at the sectional but as you know Disney is a NFZ to the East is OIA and Kissimmee Airports, Airspace is tight in there but heading west gets you out of all of that congestion.

Can you be a little more specific as to your location? I'll take a look at the sectional but as you know Disney is a NFZ to the East is OIA and Kissimmee Airports, Airspace is tight in there but heading west gets you out of all of that congestion.

OP is talking about Disneyland in Anaheim CA... with an equal if not more congested airspace...

Reactions: JackMTaco
@Ty Pilot , from looking at his initial IP when joining the forum I think the OP is referring to Disneyland in California. It is much more congested there for places to fly and of course California law feels it can preempt FAA rules so there is that complication to deal with also.

I’m sure a search for RC clubs in his area will give him contact with those in the know out there.

He's in California, near DisneyLAND.

If he is an AMA member he can go to El Dorado Park in Long Beach, off the 605. They do some quad racing there as well.
Or in Costa Mesa there is Fairview Park where you can fly, but you need a City permit.
There are some other AMA Clubs around where he can fly as well. PVMAC out in Chino Hills, Orange Coast RC Club flies on the old El Toro base.
Be aware that Orange County technically prohibits RC models of any kind in County parks except where specifically authorized. Many cities have similar rules.

I lived in Orange County for the last 28 years and split my time now between there (Ladera Ranch) and Humboldt County (Eureka).

Reactions: Ty Pilot
It would make it much simpler if they just declared everything South of the 14, one NFZ... :(

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Anything below mean high tide level is federal...

However, the OC has gotten more locked up than a virgin with a chastity belt.

Hello, I was just in Santa Monica last Friday afternoon and barely just got home today (1am)

It is easier for a hobbyist to get away, with flying a drone in L.A. Than someone with part 107. I got caught by a LEO in Santa Monic 16min into my early morning flight, with my H+ and I was flying low at 80ft alt. The officer was more impressed, with the H+ and how cool the landing gear retracts. I was given an advice to not fly at 11am to 7pm due to high manned aircraft in the area, and keep a watchful eye for the coast guard and LAPD helis who usually flies low.

Venice beach is a bit more friendly, cops just stood and watched me fly. There is not much to see in Anaheim, so I have not explored that area.

I’ve asked so many LEOs if they’ve cited drone enthusiasts how has violated the city drone regulations , and the answers that I’ve got then and now is NO.. But don’t take my word for it, fly with caution and if in doubt ask.

Moral of the story, don’t be afraid of in flying in L.A. stay low and use common sense, and blend in ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
niftytrader