Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wi-Fi experiement... & GeoFence setting

Reaction score
I have not read all threads but most of them. Seems we all (many) have questions about how far we can fly, if the Breeze will RTH if WiFi is lost, or will it just land where it is, and other associated questions. I recall if I turn off the Breeze AFTER being connected, I see on my phone, Wi-Fi Lost - or similar. So I'm wondering if I power up the breeze and place it a few feet above the ground (3' up on a wood chair I'm my case), then start walking away (breeze not flying), at some point I'll get the message "Wi-Fi Lost". This will give me some idea of how far away I can get before I lose the WiFi signal. I got about 80 steps and if each step is 3', this is about 240 feet before I lost signal. I was also able to tell my GeoFence worked as it was set to 200' and I ran into that with the Beep! Beep! I increased to 300' and did not hit that before I lost signal. Note: I believe the WiFi LOST signal does not immediately trigger. So once you lose signal come back 20' or so and try to link up from that distance. Based on this, I will set my GeoFence for 250' knowing I'll be higher than 3' off the ground, which should increase distance. I will try this again setting the Breeze higher, like at 6' on a wood ladder, but it's too cold outside to do this now! That will be a more realistic test.

If others try this, post your results so we can all get a good idea of how far we can fly.

Also, do you set your GeoFence for Max? If so, any issues flying out to that distance (328 feet)

I have flown to the max geofences on several occasions in open field areas just to test it out. It gets touchy at those distances and both control and video link are laggy. If I am flying over water at 20 to 30 feet altitude, I try to go no more than 250 out so the controls stay responsive. I use the telemetry readings at bottom center of BreezeCam for the measurements. I use the controller with an iPhone 5s or the iPhone 7.

Great info for me to know. Thanks. When over land and you hit the 300 foot mark, it still works - but sluggish response - never lost it? Forced landing?. Good on the water, as I’d limit to 250’ too.

I have not flown close to those distances yet. Thanks for the info.

I’ve had loss of signal three or four times, but it was at the house with a lot of WiFi traffic and at 200+ feet AGL. When I’m at the house I use the iPhone 5s and have the Breeze as the only WiFi it will auto connect to. It is more likely to reconnect to the Breeze right away.

After talking with Yuneec TWICE.. I think the above is wrong on my part - IF you are in a programmed mode (Orbit, Journey, ...) the GPS controls the Breeze - the wifi signal can be gone / missing altogether - and the programmed flight will still occur - and return. ONLY if you are in Pilot mode will the Breeze stop and land IF the WiFi signal is lost. Given this, the wifi signal only matters if you are in Pilot mode - and in those cased I'll be close to me, not out 250+ feet. So, good to know if you care about such things!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt