Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wrong date-time stamp on captured video file

Reaction score
Just came back from a footage and see that both video files have wrong date: Dec 31, 1979. Checked that the ST10+ settings were correct before and after shooting. It also created (as usual) a couple of corrupted 276byte size files. They were correctly dated, but with wrong timestamp.
EDIT; formatted with FAT32 instead of exFAT, problem solved!

BTW, two runs where I started/stopped the video capture several times and recording timer showed 14+ mins for one of them alone resulted in one of the the typical 1,89GB files (5 min) and the other 188MB only. Will post that problem in another thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyler Fitzpatrick
Same problem, thanks for the tip, I was curious if you could use exFAT. Guess not.. lol, tried NTFS yet?

I spoke to Yuneec myself about the same problem and they only suggest using the FAT32 format. They also said sometimes it also matters what type and size card you use. I use a 64gb and get the same problem but I always monitor and document the time of my flights from the ST10 because sometimes depending on the length of the flight and the resolution your'e recording at, the file will split and start a new file with a new # and time at about 1.5gb, and you will have to splice the files together in post.

Same problem, thanks for the tip, I was curious if you could use exFAT. Guess not.. lol, tried NTFS yet?

You can not use NTFS
Can can use Fat32 <=32GB
You have to use exFAT >32GB
CGO3 support 128GB

CAUTION: ALWAYS stop recording video before turning off the
TYPHOON/CGO3 to avoid data loss. If you accidentally turn off the
TYPHOON/CGO3 before you stop recording, re-insert microSDcard (if
removed) and turn the system on again. Wait approximately 20 seconds
until the camera LED starts to glow solid green indicating the last video
file was recovered.

After this recover the videofile has a wrong date.

I was told from Yuneec 32gb or less and using the FAT32 format you will have no problems with the wrong time for the file recordings, but 64gb or larger cards only give the option for the exFAT format which screws up the time stamp on the file.

I spoke to Yuneec myself about the same problem and they only suggest using the FAT32 format. They also said sometimes it also matters what type and size card you use. I use a 64gb and get the same problem but I always monitor and document the time of my flights from the ST10 because sometimes depending on the length of the flight and the resolution your'e recording at, the file will split and start a new file with a new # and time at about 1.5gb, and you will have to splice the files together in post.

I think there may be 2 different requrements, one for the Cog3 and one for the ST10+ but im not sure.

I have 2 different cards, a 32gig in my ST10+ and a 64gig in my Cog3.
The 32 gig in the ST10+ is formatted as FAT32, with 32K sectors, which is NOT the default if you format it inside windows (it defaults to 4k sectors). You may want to try formatting your card as FAT32, 32K, which is the default if you use the official SD Card Format software:

Downloads URL - SD Association

And just so you know, you can format cards above 32GB with FAT32, the problem is that you wont be able to do it in windows since they want to format everything above 32GB as NTFS, you need to use a 3rd party utility like mini tool partition wizard.

Best Professional Partition Manager | MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro

I can verify that im using the 32gig in my ST10+ formatted as FAT32 and 32K clusters, in my Cog3 im using a 64gig formatted as FAT32 and 32K clusters, both dates on both cards are correct and have no problems with video or telemetry dates being off.

Just came back from a footage and see that both video files have wrong date: Dec 31, 1979. Checked that the ST10+ settings were correct before and after shooting. It also created (as usual) a couple of corrupted 276byte size files. They were correctly dated, but with wrong timestamp.
EDIT; formatted with FAT32 instead of exFAT, problem solved!

BTW, two runs where I started/stopped the video capture several times and recording timer showed 14+ mins for one of them alone resulted in one of the the typical 1,89GB files (5 min) and the other 188MB only. Will post that problem in another thread.
My first SD card was a 64GB class 10 48MB/s and I had problems with it. The 64GB cards can only be formatted in either exFAT or NTFS. I upgraded the SD card to a 64GB class 10 95MB/s and have had no problems. the card is formatted exFAT. The only problem that I have is my file date/time stamp has the correct date but the time is 7 hours earlier (9 am but time stamp 2 am). The date and time on the ST10+ is correct for my time zone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33