Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yet another gimbal cable issue!

Reaction score
So I might have been a tad to close to a tree today but besides one prop and the gimbal falling appart in the rubber bushing thingies with 2 broken cables it seems fine...
7WTqVD0.jpg

My plan is to just resolder them but then I started thinking... anyone tried adding a mini connector between the two parts... I was thinking of something like these: Amazon.com: 20 Sets Mini Micro Sh 1.0 Jst 4-Pin Connector Plug Male With 100mm Cable & Female: Toys & Games
That way the next time (yeah, it'll probably be a next time) the connector should break apart and not damaging the wires or the circuit board.

Oh and one more thing, what part is right/left/front of the gimbal?

So I might have been a tad to close to a tree today but besides one prop and the gimbal falling appart in the rubber bushing thingies with 2 broken cables it seems fine...
7WTqVD0.jpg

My plan is to just resolder them but then I started thinking... anyone tried adding a mini connector between the two parts... I was thinking of something like these: Amazon.com: 20 Sets Mini Micro Sh 1.0 Jst 4-Pin Connector Plug Male With 100mm Cable & Female: Toys & Games
That way the next time (yeah, it'll probably be a next time) the connector should break apart and not damaging the wires or the circuit board.

Oh and one more thing, what part is right/left/front of the gimbal?

There is only one way it goes back in. The molex pin on the board is the back. Watch out for pinching wires under that strain relief.

Reactions: Naesstrom
Thanks Craig, I don't have a molex on my camera but I realized that it wasn't square!

I ordered one of the 4 pin connector with cable yesterday so I'll wait with the repair until I get that in a few days and solder that in the middle instead!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval