Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec help

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anybody else out there has had their drone wander off, sent their telemetry to Yuneec and then never heard back from them again?

Did they give you a case number? Have you attempted following up, via telephone?

Same questions as above, and which model of drone? Also, which Yuneec Customer Support are you dealing with?

I am just wondering if anybody else out there has had their drone wander off, sent their telemetry to Yuneec and then never heard back from them again?
Do you still have a copy of the telemetry, I'm sure the guys on here could give you a good idea of what happened

Reactions: Russell Smith
Do you still have a copy of the telemetry, I'm sure the guys on here could give you a good idea of what happened
I do still have the telemetry but my question is, when it drifted off the video was still on my phone but when it was too far away there will be no telemetry so how will they know what happened. When I hit find my drone it shows a straight line going West and then an X where it was too far away.

Please reply to the questions raised by @DoomMeister

Same questions as above, and which model of drone? Also, which Yuneec Customer Support are you dealing with?

Since you say you have contacted Customer Service, what have they told you? Is this a warranty claim?

Please reply to the questions raised by @DoomMeister

Since you say you have contacted Customer Service, what have they told you? Is this a warranty claim?
It is the Mantis Q. I dealt with product customer service and talked with tech support to talk me through getting the telemetry
Then I sent it to them and got a response saying thanks for the telemetry, it will take us 5 to 7 days to review it and we will get back to you. That was over a month ago and they no longer respond to my emails. I have tried to set up a phone conversation because you have to have an appointment but still get no response.

If things are the same as a few months ago, the telemetry gets sent to China for analysis. The US customer service doesn’t have the program to analyze the telemetry.

If you upload it here we can give some idea of what happened. Just attach the zip file of the telemetry that you sent to Yuneec in a post in this thread.

OK, have moved this thread to the Mantis forum, now that model has been verified.

As far as the telemetry, what kind of file are you trying to upload? I don't have a Mantis, so I don't know how the telemetry is stored on that platform. Ideally, a zip file will upload the most reliably... but if uploading a different file format, try adding the .txt extension to the existing file name.

So if you are trying to upload the file log08012019.csv change the name to log08012019.csv.txt and then try to upload it.

OK, now regarding your lack of communication with the US Customer Service... even though this is the 21st century, historically email has proven to be the least effective in contacting Yuneec CS, at least in the US.

I have tried to set up a phone conversation because you have to have an appointment but still get no response.

Just to clarify... so you setup a phone appointment and Yuneec CS did not call back at all?

I will say that in most cases, any contact with CS must be initiated by the customer. They simply do not call back (other than scheduled callbacks) or reply via email.

Also if this is a warranty claim, calling will not move you through their queue more quickly. However they usually are reasonable in the timeframe of replacement, should they rule in that direction. You simply may see a new Mantis on your doorstep... at least in your circumstances, you are dealing with only replacement.

Repairs add a whole additional layer of lack of communication and queue with a 3rd party authorized repair center... not to mention that company's inevitable supply chain issues with Yuneec, regarding parts availability.

Last edited:
Just to clarify... have you called their customer service within 10 - 15 minutes after they open at 8AM PT, to schedule a callback appointment? And they never call you back? The specifics may have changed since I last had phone contact with customer service... but if memory serves me, they do not collect any customer information until the actual callback... just the phone number to call back to.

I am asking, because it has already been stated, that if you are passively waiting to receive an email, then you are correct... they will never contact you back.

If you sent the telemetry files to Yuneec you should have a case number. Use the support website link Yuneec USA | Support, choose Speak to a Pro, then Schedule Phone Support and pick a time from the list of those available. When they call give them the case number you got when you emailed the telemetry and ask for the status.

How long have you been waiting?
To all of you that responded to my post, thank you. I did as one of you suggested and made another appointment for a telephone call. They reviewed my telemetry that evening and I have gotten an email saying it was a problem with the drone so they are sending me another one. I haven't gotten it yet ut this all only happened on Friday. I will update this when/of it gets here bit I have no doubt I will receive one. Again, tha is for all the suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
premadsoftwaresolutions