Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have updated both, but if I set a higher attitude in GUI and restart the GUI...still the same Settings for height and distance?
what I do wrong ? GUI 1.1.8 but no changes on my system???

Add Photo Mode selection instruction? - its Add Photo Mode info
Compatiable with more camera mode? still the same cam-modes

I want and need:
- Full Speed with GPS in Rabbit
- Faster Go down when I need to land fast, it needs minutes
- REAL slow flight (With Turtle) with sticks (no stress stop and go) and not that TRIM-****
- The Switch for Real SENS (up - off / middle - Sonar,IPS / down - Realsense)
want have the possibility to fly near ground with Landing gear up, without deassembling the RealSense
- Mode switch (up-GPS off / middle-angle / down - coming home) Smart by Software
- a better Battery Info
- Left trim for Manual Cam Settings too (Shutter/ISO)
- Manual WB
- Photomode 4:3 , 16:9
- A center Cross
- A flight log APP that works and show details and with PDF Export
- speed control for cam up down (real fast or slow), if I program the ST16 to slow I get a big delay
- update for ST10+ for TEAM Mode
- allow to choose which controller take cam or Fly
- wizard only as GPS follow tracker, but still allow to correct flight with ST16
- only Sonar have fly the H backwards when I was getting NEAR, with REAL Sense the copter have to back too, if a motorcycle or person come near !!!
- adjustment how much the curve is in CCC
- Speed control in Intelligent Flight Modes

Reactions: mcbutler
You should have no problems when you do the update. Just follow the video link on the download page. Follow it exactly!
No hurry to do the update if you choose to wait. Your current firmware should be fine, but updating is always a good practice, provided everyone is reporting good experience.
Before you fly the first time you will want to do the compass and accelerometer calibrations. After you do that and then reboot the H, let it sit with the motors off for about 13 minutes. That will allow the GPS to get an exact fix on the H and the ST16. After that first flight you won't need to do that again until you update again. Updating the firmware erases the stored memory for GPS coords, accelerometer and compass calibrations and generally the date and time.
Steve, you state that once the update is done and we have allowed around 13min for the GPS to get a good stable fix that we will not have to do that again till the next update.
I was under the impression that if you moved your flying location any distance from where you usually fly then it was essential to redo compass and GPS lock procedures.
Can you confirm or deny if this is necessary after the update.

Thank you

i have updated both, but if I set a higher attitude in GUI and restart the GUI...still the same Settings for height and distance?
what I do wrong ? GUI 1.1.8 but no changes on my system???

Add Photo Mode selection instruction? - its Add Photo Mode info

I want and need:
- REAL slow flight (With Turtle) with sticks (no stress stop and go) and not that TRIM-****
- The Switch for Real SENS (up - off / middle - Sonar,IPS / down - Realsense)
want have the possibility to fly near ground with Landing gear up, without deassembling the RealSense
- Mode switch (up-GPS off / middle-angle / down - coming home) Smart by Software
- a better Battery Info
- Left trim for Manual Cam Settings too (Shutter/ISO)
- Manual WB
- Photomode 4:3 , 16:9
- A center Cross
- speed control for cam up down (real fast or slow), if I program the ST16 to slow I get a big delay
- update for ST10+ for TEAM Mode
- allow to choose which controller take cam or Fly
- wizard only as GPS follow tracker, but still allow to correct flight with ST16
- only Sonar have fly the H backwards when I was getting NEAR, with REAL Sense the copter have to back too, if a motorcycle or person come near !!!
- Speed control in Intelligent Flight Modes

Eric, you are a man who knows what he wants, some great suggestions here, I especially like the idea about using the wizard as a follow point while maintaining control on the ST16.

My brother flies kites and I would love to strap the wizard to one and film it with him in the background, huge grin on his face...

Steve, you state that once the update is done and we have allowed around 13min for the GPS to get a good stable fix that we will not have to do that again till the next update.
I was under the impression that if you moved your flying location any distance from where you usually fly then it was essential to redo compass and GPS lock procedures.

Thank you

It may very well be a good idea to let the GPS lock and get a good fix on your new location if you moved (far) away from your usual location. This is the case with all GPS-instruments. Compass calibration should not be necessary.

Cheers!

Are you flying it today Kev ?
EMFC I presume ;-)
Unfortunately working today, But on holiday all next week :) Unfortunately weather looking rubbish for next week :( I'm not a member anymore at EMFC, I go to either Cats Tor Model Flying Club, Plasterdown Club or Brisworthy Flyers

I assume that means it will work with the new CGO-CI camera model.

I want and need:

That may be a hardware limitation. Co-ordinating flight control and GPS accuracy at 60 mph is quite a tough task and the Typhoon hardware may just not be up to it.

That is a physical limitation of all drones - you cannot go down very fast because you need to be maintaining craft stability - by pushing up.

Tell me what you need. I'm trying to develop the most useful app I can, but if people don't actually tell me what they want, I can't read their minds.

That's an interesting request, but hard to provide - the curve is optimal for the number of waypoints you provide. If you 'flatten' the curve, it will force the Typhoon to fly 'kinks' - more sudden direction changes when it transitions from one curve to the next. If you want shallower curves, you need to add in more waypoints.

I'm a brand new, literally just purchased my Typhoon 2 hours ago, user. I have flown many quads and hexacopters, build quite a few as well, but this is my first Yuneec. The first thing I always do is check the latest firmware. Mine is on 3.01.b27. When I learned the update came out just now, I became a bit concerned.

Should I update my Typhoon? Do Yuneec upgrades typically go well?
It´s always a good idear to WAIT, and hear what the community reports....only the hardcore rockers install a Beta relaese or a brand new update without waiting

@Tuna There is already a pretty good app out there call Drone Log Book. they say it directly interfaces with DJIGO to add flight into into the logbook and they say they are partnered with Yuneec. A go between app to input Yuneec data in Drone Logbook would be great

Thank you
Most people fly within 50 miles of their home. If you travel a couple hundred miles, then you should take a quick look at a chart of the earth's magnetic declination. Generally it will only vary slightly but there are places such as the Pacific Northwest where it can be significant. I watch the Lat-Long readout on the ST16 to be certain it has stabilized before launch and appears accurate for my location. If you haven't flown in a few months it will also take longer to get an exact fix.

******! I only updated my H a few weeks ago and was finally only able to do it's first post -update flight test yesterday due to the weather. If I'd have known that another update would have been available just a couple of weeks after, I may have held off for this one.

Reactions: ChadCloses
******! I only updated my H a few weeks ago and was finally only able to do it's first post -update flight test yesterday due to the weather. If I'd have known that another update would have been available just a couple of weeks after, I may have held off for this one.

Same for me. Still trying to figure out what might be the difference between STD and EU firmware. Seems both ST-16 and CGO3pro too have EU firmware nowadays, not only the H-copter.

Cheers!

Not going to update till I hear all is good.. I've been bitten too many times with faulty FW upgrades...

Same for me. Still trying to figure out what might be the difference between STD and EU firmware. Seems both ST-16 and CGO3pro too have EU firmware nowadays, not only the H-copter.

Cheers!
One of the main differences between STD and EU firmware is the strength of the control signal...the EU is the weaker. I gotta say, though, that I've heard that some people install STD on an EU aircraft to get better control range. In my opinion, I think this isn't such a good idea for various reasons but it's up to other people to make their own choices. For me, the EU version regarding control range is fine: I have great control over my aircraft and a great video downlink over my VLOS distances even when I push it to to the extreme that ageing eyes can see. Also note that I have a commercial permission from the CAA and my H is registered with them for commercial operations, so it has to be legal.

I added a poll to this thread. If you guys think there should be additional responses please let us know.

One of the main differences between STD and EU firmware is the strength of the control signal...the EU is the weaker. I gotta say, though, that I've heard that some people install STD on an EU aircraft to get better control range. In my opinion, I think this isn't such a good idea for various reasons but it's up to other people to make their own choices. For me, the EU version regarding control range is fine: I have great control over my aircraft and a great video downlink over my VLOS distances even when I push it to to the extreme that ageing eyes can see. Also note that I have a commercial permission from the CAA and my H is registered with them for commercial operations, so it has to be legal.
From what I gathered by watching one of the Yuneec UK videos, one thing that is present in the EU firmware that isn't in the STD firmware is a channel search to look for the most interference-free frequency. That is the reason why binding takes longer with the EU firmware.

From what I gathered by watching one of the Yuneec UK videos, one thing that is present in the EU firmware that isn't in the STD firmware is a channel search to look for the most interference-free frequency. That is the reason why binding takes longer with the EU firmware.

Ah,yeh. That does make sense for special camera and controller firmware, since they use 5G wifi which is very busy and regulated in EU.
Maybe Flush was referring to the video signal (and redundant controls) too.

Thanks.

Hi guys updated my st16 with latest firmware when trying to update my typhoon h it's says it does not recognise my drone and other issue says no sd card in my camera can you help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold