Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you test-fly @ high altitude...?

Highest I've been was this morning, in higher wind. I had no problems, the Typhoon was really fighting to stay stationary. That height was 90m which is 295 feet. I did not have problem.

I'm a brand new, literally just purchased my Typhoon 2 hours ago, user. I have flown many quads and hexacopters, build quite a few as well, but this is my first Yuneec. The first thing I always do is check the latest firmware. Mine is on 3.01.b27. When I learned the update came out just now, I became a bit concerned.

Should I update my Typhoon? Do Yuneec upgrades typically go well?
Absolutely... I've always installed new firmware updates since last May and have ended never had ANY problems. But, each one must be done exactly right followed by precise recalibration each time. Excellent calibration steps are here on the forum.

Reactions: jcowgar
I installed the latest firmware on my ST16 and TH about an hour ago. The English video is referring to the previous firmware installation, not this version. So, its really easy now doing it from the ST16 by WiFi (OTA). Remember to update the ST16 first, then clear the flight mode data before updating the H and camera firmware. Then recalibrate everything.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just upgraded no issues except having to rebind after doing the S16. I noticed the 920 is in the model selection window I don't remember if it was there before.

The first time I did an update, I watched the video with the American guy, I noticed that he updates the TH first, and he doesn't tell you to clear the data, so I didn't. Now I'm watching the video of the guy with the English accent, and he says to update the ST16 first, and stresses the need to clear the data. They both appear to be official Yuneec videos, so I'm wondering which one is the best practice, or does it matter?

The first time I did an update, I watched the video with the American guy, I noticed that he updates the TH first, and he doesn't tell you to clear the data, so I didn't. Now I'm watching the video of the guy with the English accent, and he says to update the ST16 first, and stresses the need to clear the data. They both appear to be official Yuneec videos, so I'm wondering which one is the best practice, or does it matter?

The 3.0 procedure is the correct one. It changed away from US video on that October update. The English guy is the right one. Follow those instructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The second one is now the correct method. It was produced later.

Reactions: Randy P
I don't see where it's specifically been mentioned here yet, but after updating, rebinding, ready to go, Yuneec says to re-calibrate the Accelerometer. Apparently they tweaked it to improve landing. Not necessary to re-cal anything else unless you feel you must.

I have flown all 3 of mine more today (all updated) with no problems. BTW, I find that if low sun shines directly into the RealSense cameras, it starts beeping and halts. Don't know if this is new; I had not seen it before. I like that, better than blindly running into something. (Get it?... Blindly:rolleyes:)

And yes, after changing the max height it will zoom to the moon, which is a NFZ.

I also agree that more improvements are needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Randy P

In Android (Phones, Tablets) you clear an Apps data when you wish to remove your settings for a particular App. The Yuneec ST16 runs on Android and uses an App that you communicate with (just like DJI and other companies do with their App for phones/tablets). When you clear the data from the FLIGHT App, you're just clearing your settings. This is why you have to select your language again and your aircraft Model and your camera and Bind everything. I think Yuneec just wants to be 100% certain that you don't have any corrupt settings lingering after a firmware update so they like it that you clear the App data.

Reactions: DB1 and Randy P
Made a sticky for this. Please try and keep all questions, problems, and suggestions in this thread.

Thanks

So I decided to jump the DJI ship today and try out Yuneec starting with the Typhoon H Pro. Purchased today. Brought it home, unpacked and charged everything. Powered it up, no props and went through the GUI and performed the firmware update OTA. After the update I had issues connecting and figured all that out in short order. The issue I have now is it no longer sees the Real Sense and I get a OBS Avoidance has failed error I can't exit. Additionally, I tried to calibrate the compass and it would not start the process. Calling support... (who is closed until Monday) :(

So I decided to jump the DJI ship today and try out Yuneec starting with the Typhoon H Pro. Purchased today. Brought it home, unpacked and charged everything. Powered it up, no props and went through the GUI and performed the firmware update OTA. After the update I had issues connecting and figured all that out in short order. The issue I have now is it no longer sees the Real Sense and I get a OBS Avoidance has failed error I can't exit. Additionally, I tried to calibrate the compass and it would not start the process. Calling support...

Did you clear settings after doing the update? When clearing the app settings, did you remember to turn RealSense Module Installed back on in the System Settings > Other Settings section?

Did you clear settings after doing the update? When clearing the app settings, did you remember to turn RealSense Module Installed back on in the System Settings > Other Settings section?
I turned Real Sense back on, didn't clear the settings - will try that now.

All the buttons are greyed out. Only App available in the tablet settings under Apps is DroneFly. I'm assuming I'm looking in the correct place. Even the button to stop the app is disabled. Can only uninstall. Still poking...

Last edited:
Just tried my first flight with new firmware. In my opinion, my right stick is less jerky in turtle mode so it's "smoother". The de-acceleration now from full speed to no stick input (stop) in horizontal travel is dramatically quicker and really revs the motors so watch out on low batteries in fast flight. The accelerometer change for landing does now rev motors on hand catching (and let's not get into that debate please but I'm less cavalier as of now...) so watch out even if you are an "expert" on this procedure. My main take away is it's going to be smoother and better for nice slower motion shots and it's more responsive over all. Perhaps we have a winner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just updated my 2 Hs (R2D2 and C3PO) and all went well,calibrated accelerometer and compass, set max altitude to 1000ft (part 107 waiver from Yuneec) and flew 2 batteries each. They fly like eagles. I am very happy with what Yuneec is doing, hope they keep it up.

Last edited:
I turned Real Sense back on, didn't clear the settings - will try that now.

All the buttons are greyed out. Only App available in the tablet settings under Apps is DroneFly. I'm assuming I'm looking in the correct place. Even the button to stop the app is disabled. Can only uninstall. Still poking...

Take a peek at this video, I think it should start at the right place for clearing the settings, he shows how to clear the settings. I ran into that problem as well and then realized I got to it in the wrong manner.

Take a peek at this video, I think it should start at the right place for clearing the settings, he shows how to clear the settings. I ran into that problem as well and then realized I got to it in the wrong manner.

Good to Go! Thanks, I missed binding the transmitter.

Reactions: jcowgar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold