Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4K (to HD) Video workflow...

Don't worry about it - you were only trying to help, for which I am grateful. I will keep the card :)

Little update on this, for anyone interested...

Yuneec have now received the camera, and only a week after getting it are doing their tests on my dodgy battery pack now, and looking at the camera tomorrow. I am relieved to hear them say they can see the problem in the test video I sent them, and interestingly, say they have seen this problem before but only in a very few cases. I await their results, but wanted to report just how **** nice and helpful they were on the phone earlier...

Thanks and I’m glad the CS is being courteous and helpful. I hope for the best outcome for you.

Oh dear, it's all gone wrong again :( Yuneec now say they have tested the camera and are unable to replicate the issue ! I have sent them some more original footage and investigations continue. But I have had another thought, which might be worth running past you guys, just on the off-chance I am on to something...

As you know, the problem I am getting is weird regular dimming flashes roughly every 1 second any time I try and film in 4K.

Well, today I was testing my Loc8tor, the tracking device I have been using on the H so I can find it if it ever crashes. As I tested the unit today I couldn't help noticing that the tracker itself was flashing and pulsing roughly every 1 second. And then I remembered where that tracker was mounted on the H - right above the camera, indeed just under the release catch you'd use to take the camera off the unit. The web site for Loc8tor says only that the tracker uses 2.45 GHz, but I wondered if there could be any correlation between the pulses that tracker is sending out, and the dimming phenomenon I am getting in the footage. I have very little information or evidence with which to confirm or refute this unfortunately - of course the simplest test would be to do a flight without the tracker, but of course Yuneec have my camera at the moment, so I can't do that. I don't even know if the tracker unit continues to output the signal pulses even when the hand-held unit isn't activating / searching for it.

If anybody knows about these things please may I have your opinion as to if you consider this a possible or likely cause of the problem. It would be equally valuable to know if it probably isn't the cause as well, though I can't think of anything else that would explain why I get the problem and Yuneec doesn't. A search of the internets for 'Loc8tor CGO3+' doesn't find anything related. Hmmm.

Thanks everyone / anyone !

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook