Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A tale of having two breeze drones

Reaction score
The first one I bought at Best Buy and had it for a week before it hit a tree and broke a leg.
The second one I bought at Walmart for the $149 deal.
The second was almost impossible to get WiFi but eventually it finally hooked up.
The first one I put a new leg on it and WiFi is much easier to get.
They both have the same setting in the app but the first one is much slower speed wise than the second one and does not go as high as the geo zone comes into play sooner.
What could cause the difference and they were both in pilot mode?

Compare the Drone Settings for each Breeze. Be sure to connect via WiFi before checking the settings. I’m suspecting that Breeze Cam retains different settings for each one.

(Edited... ). I like puzzles. Add technology and I’m even more interested. I’ll assume you have told the truth and all settings are the same. This leaves only 4 variables: 1) the GPS chip; 2) the WiFi / GPS antennas. We know the WiFi is using the 5.8 band and the GPS is using 1575mhz (as I recall) ; 3) the firmware. I’ll assume the same firmware but check this and 4) indoor mode (IR sensor) vs GPS mode.

I’m not sure where date codes / production build dates are located (DoomMeister might know) (possibly in software - so you can see) but comparing date codes would be on interesting place to start.

I recall the 5.8 WiFi antenna runs down AT LEAST one leg and perhaps 2 legs of the Breeze. Check to make sure the wire antenna is not bent back on itself - making WiFi harder to connect. The GPS antenna would be under the top hood. Nothing you can do about that without major disassembly.

(Original before edit) My guess: difference chipset / antenna issues. Different forward speed would indicate a different GPS chipset. Same drone has lack of getting to the geofence = difference chipset. Not calibrated correctly.

New Guess: the post does not say how high / far the ‘defective’ Breeze would fly, just that it does not fly as high or far and its slower. I find that most ‘hardware errors / crashes are pilot related NOT DRONE RELATED. Going on this premise I rethought my original post (written here) and now think one Breeze connected to GPS, the other did not. Something LIKE this is much more likely than a hardware issue.

Calibration could be a possible issue but does not explain slower forward motion and lower geofence.

I do believe, from personal experience, that there are production differences in the Breeze. I had to take back 2 and swap parts to get one fully functional charger, controller and breeze.

It’s an interesting story and one we’ll probably never know the answer to.

Last edited:
I can see your more tech savvy than I am.Im just glad one of them works and the settings are the same.Like I posted one is a lot harder to get WiFi than the other one is and the flight patterns are different.
Like I posted before I have a spark and Mavic Air also but the NFZ software keeps me from flying them unless I drive a few miles.
I just wanted something to use in my back yard so I bought the breeze.

One possible way to detect differences may be to fly both in the same area, with the same flight modes and compare the tlemetry files.
Telemetry will be recorded on the device where runs the flight app.

Telemetry contains the settings for geofence and flight limitations like max speed. If you want to post both files (copter1, copter 2), we possibly can find differences.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex